WT-1, WT-2 configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
Anybody knows how to setup WT-1 and WT-2 on D2 bodies?

What do I actually need?

- PC with wireless connectivity
- Camera (ah duh!)
- WT* (double duh!)

Any special configs I need to look out for and note when using WT-1 and WT-2?

Thanks!

espn said:
Anybody knows how to setup WT-1 and WT-2 on D2 bodies?

What do I actually need?

- PC with wireless connectivity
- Camera (ah duh!)
- WT* (double duh!)

Any special configs I need to look out for and note when using WT-1 and WT-2?

Thanks!
It is faster if you go through a wireless hub (aka infrastructure) rather than peer-to-peer. Don't forget to set the wireless security (like WPA) and password to the FTP server.

Well, I've only enough equipment for PTP. Heehee. Alright, WAP/WEP? Hmm I still need FTP server, sheesh a lot of stuff.

What else? I'm doing it outdoors so PTP would be best... less hardware. :)

espn said:
Well, I've only enough equipment for PTP. Heehee. Alright, WAP/WEP? Hmm I still need FTP server, sheesh a lot of stuff.

What else? I'm doing it outdoors so PTP would be best... less hardware. :)
Hmmm, PTP will work but not as fast. FTP server is easy if you want to get one written in Java ;)

Watcher said:
Hmmm, PTP will work but not as fast. FTP server is easy if you want to get one written in Java ;)
There should be free ones out there ;p let me see what I can find :)

free doenst mean good... the spaces they offer kinda little ? last time i used the server named cuteFTP or something ? so lil space onli......

Thanks for the links, will check them out.

Likely would be getting WT-1 cos that's what I can get now yet, WT-2 not yet in SG. :(

Alright, I need help. Can anybody give me a quick walkthrough/guide on setting up WT-1 + D2HS?

espn said:
Alright, I need help. Can anybody give me a quick walkthrough/guide on setting up WT-1 + D2HS?
The WT-1 firmware must be upgraded before it can be used on the D2Hs. BUT... to upgrade the WT-1, you must do the upgrade from the older D2H body.

glennyong said:
free doenst mean good... the spaces they offer kinda little ? last time i used the server named cuteFTP or something ? so lil space onli......
Regarding FTP server, this works by turning your PC/laptop into the ftp server and space is totally dependent on how much disk space you have on your HD. I'm using the FileZilla server and it works great on my D2Hs/WT-2 setup.

SzennyBoy said:
The WT-1 firmware must be upgraded before it can be used on the D2Hs. BUT... to upgrade the WT-1, you must do the upgrade from the older D2H body.
No worries, I have a D2H with me now, should be able to upgrade. Now the thing is trying to get the D2HS to display configuration menu? I can only enable the WT-1 to be powered up, but I don't see any setup menu? Is it due to the WT-1's firmware as mentioned by wibawa?

SzennyBoy said:
Regarding FTP server, this works by turning your PC/laptop into the ftp server and space is totally dependent on how much disk space you have on your HD. I'm using the FileZilla server and it works great on my D2Hs/WT-2 setup.
Great, will try this out :) Worse case I'll just use the D2H with WT-1. :(

The WT version on the Firmware menu shows just "L ", both D2H and D2HS shows "L ". However, on the D2H, I can see a menu under "Wireless Lan" as compared to nothing on D2HS. :dunno:

espn said:
No worries, I have a D2H with me now, should be able to upgrade. Now the thing is trying to get the D2HS to display configuration menu? I can only enable the WT-1 to be powered up, but I don't see any setup menu? Is it due to the WT-1's firmware as mentioned by wibawa?
Must upgrade WT-1 firmware first before the D2Hs will recognise the WT-1.

Go to the Nikon Asia site and type in "WT-1" in "Search Text" option and select the "WT-1 Firmware Updater 1.1" link. All details including the updater is on there.

SzennyBoy said:
Must upgrade WT-1 firmware first before the D2Hs will recognise the WT-1.
Alright, guess that's the missing link. Will try it tomorrow, I just hope the connection is painless. Will be accessing a PC via a wireless LAN. *cross fingers*

Status
Not open for further replies.