Would you help if a bloodied man ask you to send him to hospital in your car?

ManWearPants

Jul 14, 2008
Singapore
Businessman suffers 8 stab wounds in fight at pub - xinmsn News

"I saw myself (covered) in blood...When I crossed the road...I saw one Hyundai and I knocked on the (car) door. I asked him for help to send me to the hospital but he just drove off very fast."

First thing that cross my mind. What if he dies in my car? Other than being "pandang", then your car would also be detained for investigation purpose rendering it unusable for a period of time. And even if the man don't die, your car seat, carpet will be stained with blood. It will be expensive to replace your car leather/fabric and carpet. And you have no way to claim these back from anyone. Then you also do not know what the dispute is about and may be implicated.

Would you act out of courage and just do it - open the door, let the bloodied man in and send him to hospital. Or will you be like the Hyundai driver, step on your accelerator and whizz off ?

Unable to answer. No car. The fellow in the Hyundai was a lousy fellow. Probably just another low-life loser prowling the streets at 3 am. Anyway he cannot afford a BMW, the (much) cheaper Hyundai is so precious to him that he is afraid of staining the car seats with blood, by sending an injured person to hospital.

....... many years back , my neighbour actually ran away when when he saw me bleeding and calling for help .........

BTW, I am a guy ......... :p .......

Last edited:
Same answer as ricohflex... NO CAR to send...

But I'll call the police and ambulance.... provide whatever 1st aid I could...

Help i would, but not in my car. Paramedics from ambulance can act faster and better. If the person dies in my car, or rolled down the seat of my car and sustained more injuries, i will be responsible. We should let the professionals with the right equipment do their job.

WOAH! The grammar in that article needs to be fixed, pronto! :D

The point is not just providing transport.

A taxi can, and in this case, did that.

The critical issue in this event, is that the injured person needs to get away fast from the 10 attackers across the road, armed with choppers and knives, who have not finished hacking him.

Last edited:
Prob will stop car and call ambulance

Nope, not going to help. If i stop my car the drivers behind will honk and show me dulan face. :bsmilie::bsmilie:
But i will slow down to take pictures for Stomp though.

I don't know the road well at night... if I drive him/her dun know where I will be lost and we end up don't know where ...:bsmilie:

Say only:
If the injured was a tycoon businessman, and he traces the taxi driver who stopped to fetch him to hospital (and did not charge any taxi fare). The tycoon businessman gives the taxi driver a $1 Million reward for saving his life. When the low-life loser Hyundai driver (who sped away) reads this in the news, he will be kicking himself.

Without being in the actual situation, it's hard to judge the driver. Perhaps from his point of view, all he saw was a guy with blood all over him rushing towards him, shouting.
Would you assume the blood was his, or his victim's?
You gonna open the door and take the risk?
Or maybe he just thought it was a zombie attack...

I would stop and call for help e.g. call 995 as i dont think I can handle the person.

I would wait until the arrival of an ambulance.

It may not be the best interest to drive the person to the hospital unless you are in a very remote place where you cannot get help from the professional. Most times, the initial hours are the most crucial as you need to know how to stop the bleeding.

Moving the subject in your car therefore may not be the best option. Call Ambulance and get help from someone who knows would be better. He maybe hacked or injured by accident, we should know how best to react.

Another risk is that you implicate yourself with the bad guys who see you driving off. Either. Scratch your car if they see it next time or worse trace to your hse.

Another point is if you have family in the car, will definitely not stop. Dun wanna scare them.

take out phone
launch instagram
take pic or video

add hashtags

check back how many likes u receive..

profit.

For those who says call ambulance, let the pro handle it, etc. There is a point in the news that I forgot to highlight. There are 10+ people with choppers and knives runnning after him. So you are left with a split second decision - either unlock and let the person in or drive off and hope that he does not get slashed to death. There is no time for any other options. So rethink what will you do when faced with such a decision. Afterall, it seems to be happening more common nowadays. This may help you to know how to react when you happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

For those who responded that you do not drive. I think the answer is obviously to stay clear and not get implicated. In fact, I would think you should slip away quickly. I am not sure if bursting into a sprint may catch the attention of the assailants as they may think you are one of them. Also trying to help may be the worse option since there are 10 over weapons wielding agitated fellows who are intent on drawing blood.

This led me to think of another scenario. If you happens to be driving in the middle of the night at 140km/hr along NS highway. There is no car in front nor behind you. Your headlights can only illuminate about 50m ahead of you. Then a white human like figure drift into your lane from the side out of dark. There is not enough time nor distance to gauge if it is a human or not. It calls for an instant reaction. Would you jam brakes, swerve into the dark and risk crashing into trees/barriers or just run over the figure hoping not to hear a thump?

Last edited: