Worst Airshow I have been!

Status
Not open for further replies.

teowws

Jun 5, 2002
AMK
www.pbase.com
Reach Pasir Ris 10AM u know what time i reach Airshow 2008 site? 1240PM

The queue at White Sand is horrible, the queue is like a giant snake twist and turn many many rounds and no proper queueing and marshals. I see many people cut queue and act like its ok. Really pissed.

1145AM board the free shuttle thought i was going to make it to the 1215 aerial display, i was like getting excited since i finally on the way to the airshow site.

Never realise the road to the site is so jam pack with cars,taxis,buses and its just 2 lanes. I watch my entire Black Knight stunts guess where on the BUS!! almost an hour on the bus.

Really disappointed with the organisers and they charge like $20.

After the aerial show i give up just trying to get pass the registration theres like a horde of human wave. Don't want to get on the free shuttle back to Pasir Ris instead i pay $5 to get on a comfortable aircon coach to Cityhall. Don't bother with the Taxi, probably cost u $30 just trying to get pass the jam (from Pasir Ris to Airshow site). The way back maybe better since less jam but i can already forsee near evening it will be the same situation like in the morning when getting back as everyong trying to get on the bus or way home.

Lesson from my experience...Be Early!! Real Early!!!!! ;(

Sigh, same experience. Getting to and going out of the Airshow is a Major disaster.

I still have to return again tommorow, this time with my family!:sweat::sweat::sweat:

Went in this morning at 845... quite a breeze esp from Expo..The public queue was building up, luckily already had a pass so no queue... from expo to airshow in less than 25 mins.

@ teowws

i share your exact sentiments . . . it was a completely horrible mess . . . no (or very little) barricade, even a simple one, to accomodate the long queue . . . no proper crowd control . . . with all the commotion going on, since there were lots of VERY inconsiderate people cutting the queue, the police and marshals didn't even seem to bother at all . . .

there was this pair of ladies who casually joined the queue and cut in front of my and my gal . . . i politely spoke to them and pointed them to where the queue actually starts . . . they simply replied "orrh, ok" . . . then they walked forward . . . and guess what happened? . . . they joined/cut the queue again about 10 people ahead of us . . WTF! . . . apparently, another chap spotted them and pointed them out to a lady police officer . . . to my surprise, the officer just let them go! . . . we spoke to another officer and told him about the 2 ladies and all he said was "oh, since my superior already let them go i can't do anything" . . . duh??? . . . i almost lost my cool then . . . ;(

aw man, what a day! . . . queued around 10am as well . . . bloody waste of time . . . and damn bloody waste money . . . for the tix . . . and for the lens i rented out . . . sigh . . . sorry guys, i just had to vent out my frustrations . . . normally, i don't easily get upset . . . but this . . . totally unacceptable ;(

did the organiser check or take urs tickets guys?

i bought 2 tickets online for a friend and me.. and they never check my ticket at all.. i felt like, dammnn shouldnt spent that darn $40 for this lame show after all they never check my tickets.. ;(

Crowd control was extremely poor - and we're talking about a 40,000 crowd.

The SOC had do go in to set up a police line at the pick up/drop off point because there were no clear queue lines, people were breaking into the roads trying to rush to the buses, etc.

In one word, pandemonium.

If the same happens for F1 - seating alone is 120,000 - I really shudder to think about the human crush.

To the Home Team boys and girls, good luck!

did the organiser check or take urs tickets guys?

i bought 2 tickets online for a friend and me.. and they never check my ticket at all.. i felt like, dammnn shouldnt spent that darn $40 for this lame show after all they never check my tickets.. ;(

Since the tickets are sold out, they don't bother I guess. Money in pocket already, I wish that's not the attitude.

If this happens on the last day, sure many free loaders and even more crowded.:angry:

thought i could beat the crowd by leaving 1/2 hr early.. wah the crowd at 430~500 was like a colony of ants.. :p

i sat back until after 6pm..

WTF!!! . . . i wonder how are they going to handle the F1 event this Sept . . . and the upcoming youth olympics??? . . . singapore has to learn how to deal with crowd control . . . and soon! . . . be it either for big events or plainly the growing population here ;:)complain::angry:

I'm just glad I don't work in town, because when the F1 come to town, it's going to be lockdown.

And if I do work in town, I'll seriously consider going on leave for that whole week!

The arrival and departure area (car park) does not cater for such a huge
crowd in the first place.

During the trade show, the traffic is already slow, it definitely worse when the Airshow is open to public.

Hopefully the organizer will improve on the situation.
Last not not least, it is interesting that the media does not report any thing bad ... :think:

I guess we'll have to give the organisers a bit of slack. This is the first show at a brand new venue. Bound to have some hiccups. Overall, I think it was better than at the old site.

I went there on Thusrday. I found the registration a breeze. I got a ticket through SMS. Place the phone, with the SMS showing, against a reader and the ticket was printed! Was real impress with the technology. Very much faster than at the last show. I had a car pass, so did not experience any transport problem, smooth traffic from Bedok to the site at about 11am. Parking was OK, managed to find a slot within 5 min. Had to walk a bit, no big deal. As for taxis, I saw the stream of taxis waiting to pick up passengers, so I suspect the wait time to be minimum.

I'm going again tomorrow, but do not have a car pass this time round. Will have to take a taxi. Hope no issues.

As for the organiser, Jimmy Lau has already adminted there there were some lessons to be learnt. I've work with him on the '94 show, I'm sure he will follow up and do a better job the next time round. Besides, from the feedback here, seems like most of the problems is with our boys from the Home Team. Don't know if the organisers have control over them.

@ teowws

i share your exact sentiments . . . it was a completely horrible mess . . . no (or very little) barricade, even a simple one, to accomodate the long queue . . . no proper crowd control . . . with all the commotion going on, since there were lots of VERY inconsiderate people cutting the queue, the police and marshals didn't even seem to bother at all . . .

there was this pair of ladies who casually joined the queue and cut in front of my and my gal . . . i politely spoke to them and pointed them to where the queue actually starts . . . they simply replied "orrh, ok" . . . then they walked forward . . . and guess what happened? . . . they joined/cut the queue again about 10 people ahead of us . . WTF! . . . apparently, another chap spotted them and pointed them out to a lady police officer . . . to my surprise, the officer just let them go! . . . we spoke to another officer and told him about the 2 ladies and all he said was "oh, since my superior already let them go i can't do anything" . . . duh??? . . . i almost lost my cool then . . . ;(

aw man, what a day! . . . queued around 10am as well . . . bloody waste of time . . . and damn bloody waste money . . . for the tix . . . and for the lens i rented out . . . sigh . . . sorry guys, i just had to vent out my frustrations . . . normally, i don't easily get upset . . . but this . . . totally unacceptable ;(

when i was nearing the end of the queue to board a bus then suddenly a guy stand next to me and i told him off and he just back off a few queues and thats all. these people just take their chance and when someone points out to them they just simply back off a few queue and hopefully no one stops them. damn why do we have to pay such expensive ticket just to gate crash with so many people....i feel that the beach area not far from the exhibition hall is a much better place if u want to take pics and u not interested in whats inside after all i doubt u can really take any pics inside the static area with such a big horde of people.

I guess we'll have to give the organisers a bit of slack. This is the first show at a brand new venue. Bound to have some hiccups. Overall, I think it was better than at the old site.

I went there on Thusrday. I found the registration a breeze. I got a ticket through SMS. Place the phone, with the SMS showing, against a reader and the ticket was printed! Was real impress with the technology. Very much faster than at the last show. I had a car pass, so did not experience any transport problem, smooth traffic from Bedok to the site at about 11am. Parking was OK, managed to find a slot within 5 min. Had to walk a bit, no big deal. As for taxis, I saw the stream of taxis waiting to pick up passengers, so I suspect the wait time to be minimum.

I'm going again tomorrow, but do not have a car pass this time round. Will have to take a taxi. Hope no issues.

As for the organiser, Jimmy Lau has already adminted there there were some lessons to be learnt. I've work with him on the '94 show, I'm sure he will follow up and do a better job the next time round. Besides, from the feedback here, seems like most of the problems is with our boys from the Home Team. Don't know if the organisers have control over them.

taking a taxi 1-2 hours before the aerial display is a NO NO, i overheard someone say he pay $30 just to get to the site and most of the cost is during the jam at the 2 lane road leading to the site. Everyone is rushing to see the Black Knights so either u reach there by taxi like 8am+ then i think u may get there without buring a hole in your pocket. I saw many people 1/2 way exit their taxi (poor taxi uncle, they get stuck in the jam) and walk instead to the site.

Q-jumpers sucks :thumbsd: be it at the airshow or anywhere else. Don't know why they think it OK to jump queue and what values they are teaching their kids.

Q-jumpers sucks :thumbsd: be it at the airshow or anywhere else. Don't know why they think it OK to jump queue and what values they are teaching their kids.

i bet their parents are Q jumpers thats about explain their actions...lol

Sentosa flower oso jam, Airshow oso jam...everywhere jam...during F1 I better take leave and stay home...:(

i'm worse.. i started queueing @ 10+ and i reach the inside of the airshow complex @ guess wat.. 2.30pm!!!! WTF!!!

i'm worse.. i started queueing @ 10+ and i reach the inside of the airshow complex @ guess wat.. 2.30pm!!!! WTF!!!

if the aerial display have 2 session each day then anyone missing the 1st one can just wait for the next one coz i feel that the jam is not becoz of the static display but the aerial display.

Status
Not open for further replies.