Windows 7

hmmm... i've been using the Windows 7 Enterprise evaluation copy and i find it much better than Vista. i'm also thinking of getting a notebook.

currently, the MacBook Pros are cheap (refurbished ones of course)... can Windows 7 run on the MacBook Pro? is it advisable to completely remove OS X and run purely on Windows 7?

No one did that B4, anyway if you go for snow leapord, you can still use duo boot into win7. Have the best of both world :bsmilie:

I remember when I was younger, I joined some anti-Bill Gates folks online to spam Billy's email- only to realise years later he's got 100 over secretaries filtering his emails manually sitting on the 14th floor of Microsoft and could work through 50,000 emails per day. :(

Oh ... Anti bill gate online folks ... damm .. tat was long long time ago. So do you have fun that time ?

No one did that B4, anyway if you go for snow leapord, you can still use duo boot into win7. Have the best of both world :bsmilie:
I've thought of it but having two OS take up precious space.

But seriously, compare hardware to hardware, any differences between Mac and PC?

Anyone knows if the drivers for XP still works in Window7 ?
Drivers for older cameras etc

I know they dont work in VISTA

afraid I may not get too comfortable with OS X. you see, I'm a windows user all these while.

IC, Think best you go for a pure PC lah, even if Mac is running on Intel CPU, the internal still design by Apple. Logic thinking, you can run pure Windows on MAc machine but short come is the driver and also the single buttom touch pad and not the mention the re-mapping of the keyboard.

Best advise, RUn a pure PC configuration for Win

Nope, WinXP driver will not work for Win7. But Vista driver can.

Bro, long time no see. :)
Please share your views on the OS in details. :bsmilie:

Haha, my views arh? May I borrow the McDonalds' tagline, "I'm luving it!" :bsmilie:

P/S: I am using Mac as my prime OS.

Last edited:

But seriously, compare hardware to hardware, any differences between Mac and PC?

Only some layout are different. Mostly are similar .... :p What makes a MAc different from PC is the OS .. haha

Neverless here is the link to help u do a duo boot of windows inside mac machine.

http://www.lancelhoff.com/how-to-install-vista-on-a-macbook-pro/

Last edited:

If they don't in Vista, as you mentioned, then very likely it won't work in W7 too. Wait for the W7 driver from the cam manufacturer. Because W7 is actually a "tidy up" version of Vista.

Hardware-wise, the newer Macs are running on Intel CPU similar to that of PC and so the difference is minimal. The major differences are mainly the user interface and how the OS manages the resources, the file system, and so on, OS X is performing better in this area, though Windows is catching up but we dunno what OS X 10.7 would be like. I am looking forward to it.

Last edited:

On a mac system, you can set up a shared folder whereby Windows and Mac can access the files there... so all your data can reside in that folder.

A difference beween mac and PC machines is the support for video cards. Macs are a generation or 2 old in terms of what video cards can be used in them.

Had done a clean install without boot camp before. Wiped out os x then installed win XP. That was when i was sitting in Singapore Poly certifying my own laptop and a guy came in with a 10.4 which did not have boot camp.

Much better than Vista but not XP....unless there is a good deal...I am staying put:sweat:

win7print.jpg

Last edited: