Window XP SP3 ready..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im happy with sp2 so far, will just wait until its finalise, hopefully the news about 10% performance increase is true. ;p

Using the XP3 Candidate 1 at the moment, don't seem to have any problems. OS booting up seems faster (15secs instead of 20odd secs) and haven't had any problems with it so far... except my CPU settings were switched back to default, so had to overclock again.

XP SP3 will only go gold on 1st quarter 2008 probably around feb 2008 together with Vista SP1.

Do you think MS will purposely release this SP3 version with a "Trojan horse" of sorts to dumbdown itself while MS remove all SP2? Will they be so despicable to FORCE everybody to go to VISTA? Lotsa "ifs" but MS has proven itself over and over again..

I hope the geeks will find out more about this SP3...

Do you think MS will purposely release this SP3 version with a "Trojan horse" of sorts to dumbdown itself while MS remove all SP2? Will they be so despicable to FORCE everybody to go to VISTA? Lotsa "ifs" but MS has proven itself over and over again..

I hope the geeks will find out more about this SP3...

no. they will "accidentally".

Using the XP3 Candidate 1 at the moment, don't seem to have any problems. OS booting up seems faster (15secs instead of 20odd secs) and haven't had any problems with it so far... except my CPU settings were switched back to default, so had to overclock again.

Software overclock? OS reinstall should not mess with BIOS settings..

Hi,

Downloaded SP3 and have it installed..............

No difference to what I do or run so far .....

Anyone else tried it :dunno:

I guess it must have something going for it :dunno:

Cheers.... oh... Happy Christmas or what ever you do...

Status
Not open for further replies.