Will you volunteer for National Service if not call up?

Will you volunteer for NS if not call up?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
this question you gotta ask those who never been enlisted before.

Silverelf said:
1) There is no free volunteer. You are paid either a salary or an allowance

It's quite vague when you're serving NS... Whenever stuff like subsidies come out, your allowance is automatically a salary so you don't qualify.. When stuff like CPF come up, it's an allowance so you don't qualify...

:thumbsd:

[/QUOTE]Will you volunteer for 2.5 years NS + 7 high keys ICT + ippt + weekend bctc training if not call up?[/QUOTE]

Well you decide........................:)

farewell_1024x768.jpg

While I don't agree training to a point where you die before going to war but I think army is good training for the youth nowadays.

Hommie said:
While I don't agree training to a point where you die before going to war but I think army is good training for the youth nowadays.

Ever come across story like the youth have to support family but was call up for NS with the pay like penut skin.. Think about it, it happen to many..here..:thumbsd:

HAHAHAHA..... If singapore girls volunteer, then I will also volunteer.... with a condition.. I wanna work in SAF career center.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

idor said:
HAHAHAHA..... If singapore girls volunteer, then I will also volunteer.... with a condition.. I wanna work in SAF career center.... :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
might as well volunteer to train with the girls :lovegrin:

The pay is already much better than what I got 10 years ago liao! Less than $200 a month last time. Which year is your intake?
Ever come across story like the youth have to support family but was call up for NS with the pay like penut skin.. Think about it, it happen to many..here..

Hommie said:
The pay is already much better than what I got 10 years ago liao! Less than $200 a month last time. Which year is your intake?

But 10 years ago the $200 is much better of than $400 today!!
10 years ago the feeder bus fare is only 25 cents and today 90 cents without card.:angry:

amospi said:
But 10 years ago the $200 is much better of than $400 today!!
10 years ago the feeder bus fare is only 25 cents and today 90 cents without card.:angry:
10 years ago also more siong than today's army what! :bsmilie:
Use card lah, cheaper what! Unfair comparism.

Hommie said:
10 years ago also more siong than today's army what! :bsmilie:
Use card lah, cheaper what! Unfair comparism.

Card also 65 cents mah.. Not everyone know how to use it, see many old people and uncle put coins leh.. very unhappy about that, if not rushing for time i rather walk not because of can't affort or stingy but just plain not happy:angry: i even quit smoking to stop letting them make so much tax out of it..:sweat:

Hommie said:
train them to do what? chao keng? i dun have enough fingers to count the number of complaints I got from parents that I am abusing their kids. cant do this and that because excused this and that. Excuse lower limb for 14 days and still can go play basketball, chiong at MS.

Or best Pes E and still in SAFSA playing sports.

TMC said:
train them to do what? chao keng? i dun have enough fingers to count the number of complaints I got from parents that I am abusing their kids. cant do this and that because excused this and that. Excuse lower limb for 14 days and still can go play basketball, chiong at MS.

Or best Pes E and still in SAFSA playing sports.
Fandi and Steve Lim all Pes C one.... What to do?

amospi said:
Card also 65 cents mah.. Not everyone know how to use it, see many old people and uncle put coins leh.. very unhappy about that, if not rushing for time i rather walk not because of can't affort or stingy but just plain not happy:angry: i even quit smoking to stop letting them make so much tax out of it..:sweat:
Siao, $400 a month still complain! Lucky you never tried last time's cookhouse, fried rice dry like sand before the SFI take over. Mee Siam like straws. Recuit jump down from top floor like nobody's business, even the 7BTS's female recuit also jump!

Should call them up even if you think they've forgotten about you. So that you can make plans for your future & not be caught in a limbo. Chop chop finish it & get on with life :)
I think alot of companies will ask you if you've completed you NS when you apply for job or when you want to study in local uni. :bsmilie:

Hommie said:
Siao, $400 a month still complain! Lucky you never tried last time's cookhouse, fried rice dry like sand before the SFI take over. Mee Siam like straws. Recuit jump down from top floor like nobody's business, even the 7BTS's female recuit also jump!

I know, i know, i also eat cook house food.. High protein due to alot of extra insect.:sweat:

Ask you har... you guys during NS time got kena Community Chest a not har? My time 200 dollar still need to donate 10 dollars a month to community chest..... Dun know which %$%^* Implemented that rule... But lucky me... the food from my cookhouse actually quite nice...

idor said:
Ask you har... you guys during NS time got kena Community Chest a not har? My time 200 dollar still need to donate 10 dollars a month to community chest..... Dun know which %$%^* Implemented that rule... But lucky me... the food from my cookhouse actually quite nice...

Sure got la.. but not sure how much. Cookhouse food can be nice but wait till those cook tell you what they did...:ipuke:

Most people won't volunteer for NS if not called for.
I believe this is normal human reaction. Why ask for extreme changes in life out of a sudden?

I had served mine in 1994 under strict combat regiment for 2.5yrs. Can still remember those dark hours of my life... But now looking back are only memories of pictures with feelings
even the best camera can't capture....Those feeling of comaradeships and trying times will form part of your life...

NS is not about dying for the country...you can't do anything if you are not alive..

(Oh no..ICT coming......:sweat: )

Status
Not open for further replies.