Will you volunteer for National Service if not call up?

Will you volunteer for NS if not call up?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless they pay me well. :bsmilie:

amospi said:
Ever come across story like the youth have to support family but was call up for NS with the pay like penut skin.. Think about it, it happen to many..here..:thumbsd:

Think about what would happen if a foreign power conquer Singapore with harsh occupation.

Think how irony it would be if the country is being conquer without a fight (because the country have a little or no army).

Think Kuwait in 1990. A lesson to learn, a heavy price to pay.

After coming back from Penang and looking at those youths (~16-22 years old), i think its probably a good thing to have NS in Singapore. Anyway, 2.5 years+reservist is definitely way too long.... 1 year NS will be better.

Personally i will volunteer for NS if the duration is 1 year.:eek:

i'm in NS now and it's not too bad... I just wondering why so many people hate it?

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just in BMT, but the expirence so far as been great, tekan is kena tekan but you'll live what right? End up learning alot and making the quirkest friends lor, its like my section alone would be a damn interesting cross section of society.

i guess if it happens many or most of us won't volunteer, maybe for the few who scared kena charged will own up haha...

but for the fellows who have not gone in, i encourage u to look foreward to it, even i being in the fat moron company enjoy NS(BMT at least) and I can picture other people doing so as well...

Anywae comparing BMT to my bro's time nine years ago, i think the soliders have it good liao.

Happy National Day everyone !

I'm a sai kang warrior... just marching down the line...

King Tiger said:
Think about what would happen if a foreign power conquer Singapore with harsh occupation.

Think how irony it would be if the country is being conquer without a fight (because the country have a little or no army).

Think Kuwait in 1990. A lesson to learn, a heavy price to pay.

Do you think many have the luxury to think about that, they will be thinking of how to make an extra dollars so that the next BILLS come they don't have to borrow money here and there..
This is the sad part and many don't see it. How many singaporean are in debt? Have you think about it?

Many people here may have to work till the days they die (no kid to support because to rise a kid cost A LOT OF $ and sometime the kid also cannot affort to support got to support the 'Top M' first ) it will be better off kill in war younger.

moos blues said:
i'm in NS now and it's not too bad... I just wondering why so many people hate it?

Correct me if i'm wrong, i'm just in BMT, but the expirence so far as been great, tekan is kena tekan but you'll live what right? End up learning alot and making the quirkest friends lor, its like my section alone would be a damn interesting cross section of society.

i guess if it happens many or most of us won't volunteer, maybe for the few who scared kena charged will own up haha...

but for the fellows who have not gone in, i encourage u to look foreward to it, even i being in the fat moron company enjoy NS(BMT at least) and I can picture other people doing so as well...

Anywae comparing BMT to my bro's time nine years ago, i think the soliders have it good liao.

Yes BMT is the best part of your amry life. Enjoy every moment while you can..:lovegrin:

let's be practical.
given a choice. will ya rather get out of this country.
run away from NS?

if that's so. I guess e yrs of 'protection money' spent on ya & rest have really been wasted.

get out of here.

amospi said:
Card also 65 cents mah.. Not everyone know how to use it, see many old people and uncle put coins leh.. very unhappy about that, if not rushing for time i rather walk not because of can't affort or stingy but just plain not happy:angry: i even quit smoking to stop letting them make so much tax out of it..:sweat:

Can quite smoking let that. That a good thing what :D

Hommie said:
Siao, $400 a month still complain! Lucky you never tried last time's cookhouse, fried rice dry like sand before the SFI take over. Mee Siam like straws. Recuit jump down from top floor like nobody's business, even the 7BTS's female recuit also jump!

Wow this incident is like famous story loh;) A lot people knew about this I wonder why is it in the papers at the time:dunno:

Personaly I enjoy my time in army. It is a honour to hold arms to defend one's home. Hey you don't do and expect other to let you live in peace. History have taught us otherwise ;) Would I volunteer? If the country call for it, citzen of this country should do it with pride.

No. It's a goddamn waste of time. Sure as hell wasted mine.

singscott said:
Can quite smoking let that. That a good thing what :D

Ya lo.. after 17yrs of taxes.. shouldn't start at the first place.:sweatsm:

singscott said:
Personaly I enjoy my time in army. It is a honour to hold arms to defend one's home. Hey you don't do and expect other to let you live in peace. History have taught us otherwise ;) Would I volunteer? If the country call for it, citzen of this country should do it with pride.

Get those full time one to fight la.. they are the one getting the market rate what.. right.

people like us are too busy to make money to pay bills.. where got time liao..

army got alot of office politics. Like some soap opera. There's always new rumours and gossip in camp :sweatsm:

amospi said:
Get those full time one to fight la.. they are the one getting the market rate what.. right.

people like us are too busy to make money to pay bills.. where got time liao..
In times of war, you think full time soldiers go on leave meh?

Anyway, we simply cannot afford a full Regular Army, come on lah, we all how old liao, simple economics can understand right? If everything depend on full regular army styles, then we can be a country of mercenaries liao....

moos blues said:

nowadays BMT, cannot compare to the past liao. last time cookhouse, now outsource, last time no hotline, now have hotline.............last time cabinet throw down from 4th storey, and 1 person need to carry back, last time all ah bengs and ah seng, now alot is well educated, my cpl is king to me, now 2nd sergent is like nothing, 10 years can get staff liao nowadays, too many last time story, you wanna hear?....;)

Silverelf said:
In times of war, you think full time soldiers go on leave meh?

Anyway, we simply cannot afford a full Regular Army, come on lah, we all how old liao, simple economics can understand right? If everything depend on full regular army styles, then we can be a country of mercenaries liao....

We also depend on other from the world to play for our national team. So nothing wrong to be a country of mercenaries.. Being a Singaporean does not mean we have to cheap.

amospi said:
We also depend on other from the world to play for our national team. So nothing wrong to be a country of mercenaries.. Being a Singaporean does not mean we have to cheap.

Then people complain "Pay and Pay" lei. Mercenaries not cheap loh in fact very very expensive. Then if the situation not go their way, you expect them to be royal :dunno:

singscott said:
Then people complain "Pay and Pay" lei. Mercenaries not cheap loh in fact very very expensive. Then if the situation not go their way, you expect them to be royal :dunno:

then treat the people that stay here like human not ant or robot or robert:sticktong

Status
Not open for further replies.