Will you buy original or 3rd party battery?

What battery will you choose?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using 3rd party batteries since the days of Canon G3. Then to 300D then 40D (all these cameras using the same batteries)

So far no problem and due to larger capacity of the 3rd party batteries, they tend to perform better(last longer haha).

Which brand of 3rd party batteries is more reliable?

Chief, maybe your prob arose when u mixed the original and the 3rd-party.. I'm not too sure but could be a possibility..

Yep. Nobody knows. But I dont want to take any risks for now. I'm sticking to originals as I love my battery grip and my 1000D. I dont want to part with my camera for a battery.

Cheers

Mahathir

I have 1 from MS Color but died after afew used. It can still be charge but when it goes into my Cam it cannot power it up.

3rd party batteries even those from Eastgear can have sample problems. I bought two and one of them is defective, can charge but cannot power up the cam. EG did change without questions asked. These two working ones have been in use for about 6 months and holding the charge well and last well enough so I think they are OK. Two of the 3rd party batteries cost less than one new original battery so its a no brainer. If the difference is not as much then I might just stick with the originals.

After reading this, I dunno if third party batteries really caused both my motherboard on 5D and battery grip to went dead. I end up spent $450 on repairing. I still use OEM due to $ issue. Certainly go for original batt as I found that OEM do not last long as like original. Better pay for something that will last long then kept changing unless for emergency uses.

i think it depends..if i am just shooting on casual occasion..i will go for 3rd party battery.
If i am going on a travel or shooting important occasion, will use original battery..

Got my phottix for Ebay for like 27 with shipping. It's not one battery but a set of 2 to go into the battery grip. If there is any case of explosion, it will be well reported over canon webby. Or Canon can consider one battery grip that is made out of Kevlar! haha
Remember even original laptop batteries will explode due to bad construction. So what do you think that original one will never fail you?

3rd party batteries cost about $25- $28 compared to some ridiculous original canon price. So far after so many months, performance of 3rd party better and last longer than original... Maybe I'm lucky, but u can spend big bucks on expensive originals and yet u can still get a lemon...
Cheap is always good. Expensive doesnt equate to good
(poor man's way of pacifying himself...) If I'm rich, everything I get original...

I was disappointed with Eastgear's battery but decided to give another try with CP's batteries which are rated at 2800mah and this time I'm really impressed by it's long life and consistency.

just got 3rd party batts from korea for 1/8 the price of original. Will use and update.

I've previously used 2 Eastgear batteries, both of which had stopped charging within 6 months, and the replacements given also stopped charging after a couple of months. Somehow the originals seem more reliable in the long run.

Apart from battery, will you buy 3rd party charger or orginal charger? Do 3rd party charger perform as well?:)

Hi all ,

My experience when using 3 party battery it drain out fast compare to the original battery event when using 2800mAh & original is only using 1500mAh with full charge.:cool:

I just got a 40D recently, and is looking for good 3rd party batteries too.
Anyone knows which brand is better? :dunno:

DiviPower - sold by MS color

EastGear - by East Gear

What is CP's batteries - is CP the brand?

Is Photix sold in Singapore?

I use 3rd party batteries for backup only, just in case the original dies on the scene.

I just got a 40D recently, and is looking for good 3rd party batteries too.
Anyone knows which brand is better? :dunno:

DiviPower - sold by MS color

EastGear - by East Gear

What is CP's batteries - is CP the brand?

Is Photix sold in Singapore?

Phottix batts can be bought from sellers from the Mass Sales section.

I got 2 original and 2 phottix.

I'm using a 40D and was checking my equipment for my trip next month.

Guess what? My 3rd party battery shows "low batt" even when its fully charged. I'm lucky to find out now. I'm gonna get my self another original spare battery this week.

I'm staying off 3rd party for good. :thumbsd:

I got the same low batt problem with a previous 3rd party.

Now I only use original spare batts and have a peace of mind

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.