Why shutter speed so low in home lighting?

maisatomai

Deregistered
Oct 26, 2006
As above. When i take the camera outdoor, the shutter speed will go very high even though i dun think it is bright. When indoor, shutter speed decrease a lot. I was wondering is there a filter that will increase the shutter speed indoor?

Indoor lighting is dimmer than outdoor lighting even on a cloudy day.

Filter won't increase shutter speed. Only a larger lens aperture opening and higher ISO camera setting go towards addressing slower shutter speed.

No, filter doesn't increase your shutter speed, nor decrease your shutter speed.

Although you may feel that your room is well it, but in fact the intensity of the light isn't strong enough. You may attempt to solve by:

1) Moving the subject under direct light
2) Using a wider aperture
3) Using a higher ISO
4) Using a flash (and bouncing if necessary)
5) Using a tripod to accommodate for slower shutter speed for still subjects

As above. When i take the camera outdoor, the shutter speed will go very high even though i dun think it is bright. When indoor, shutter speed decrease a lot. I was wondering is there a filter that will increase the shutter speed indoor?
Photography is capturing light. If there is not enough of it - then it will need more time to capture the sufficient amount for correct exposure. Please read the newbies guide and learn what photography is and which factors are contributing to the image capturing.

maisatomai said:

Always remember this saying "Light is your best friend"

Because it's very dim?

I assume you are shooting on program or aperture priority mode. For a given F-stop, the speed will need to be adjusted to achieve the correct exposure. The same applies for a given speed, the aperture opening needs to be adjusted. Read up on the basic on the relationship between aperture and speed with regard to exposre and you will find the answer. With that knowledge you will have better control of the type of shot you want to make.