Why shoot models?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mattlock said:
So people go to shoot half naked girls to get off
Well, admit it

I do that too! difference is that I would never pay 80 bucks and I do it one on one.hee hee hee

Does it spoil the good name of photography? hrrrm. Depends on whether you think that women are so uptight about such things, and whether people don't already know that photography is used as a tool to ogle.

Many of the sexy shots you see in magazines require a photographer with a perverse imagination to pull off that sexiness

thus I conclude that many photographers are really all a bunch of horny bas tards. Join the family! or go take pictures of rocks, that works too

:bsmilie: Well, i think you just managed to summarise what i wanted to put across in a much shorter passage and not to mention with much more humor. ;)

Seriously, before this gets too heated up, let's all play nice k? :)

Wolfgang said:
:bsmilie: ...

Seriously, before this gets too heated up, let's all play nice k? :)

Well, I thought we, excluding Jose, all had been playing rather nice. I only called Jose a moron, I had more choice words, but will save them for another time.

Jose, of course, has the right to express his opinion as he sees fit. So does everyone else. I dont see Jose playing nice, quite nasty and mean spirited actually. So what do we do?

KNIGHT ONG said:
Interesting thread ... :bsmilie:

ahve to close down KOMA liao :bsmilie:

Jose said:
Why shoot models?

The thread should be "Why not shoot models?"

It's not that those of us who don't or haven't shot models, don't want to.

It's because we haven't the financial means or the official approval from the wives.

I don't know what shooting models will do to me, but I'll put on a loose pants just in case.

I hope that answers your question. :bsmilie:

Jose said:
Once again, before anyone else asks for the umpteenth time. Not Demand//Supply. Ethics.

Will you count yourself among the CSers who join private nude/bikini/etc shoots for the skin-fest, but are unwilling to admit it? Intead they blemish the good name of clubsnap by calling themselves photographers, when they truly just want to see flesh?

Do you want these people to continue to use the word Clubsnap as an excuse? Is that the purpose of your forum?
Jose, you are being too naive. You also reliase that this is an expensive hobby and what make you think that members here can afford to pay so much to see so little? What do you want them to admit? Admit that they are humsup? Cheekopeks? I am sure there are cheaper ways (and better value?) to see bikini, nude etc....

In case you dont realise it, the sight of beautiful faces, bikini, naked bodies, is just a bonus. And guys like these bonuses, if they are real guys!
There are also other rewards from participating such shoots - making friends, ya even got chance to bring out the models for dates, sharing skills and points, learning from one's mistakes, passing time like other hobby, etc......

But the main reasons are plentiful:
1. Subject matter: Portrait, especially the face and body, happens to be a very important and interesting subject, the very basic of photography. Of course the "kacang putih man" is an interesting subject, maybe you let us know where to find one, and whether he is willing to let us shoot, even if we want to pay him? Beautiful faces? Do you want to pay to shoot ugly faces? Think, think harder? :sweat:

2. Convenience: not everyone is born like you who can talk to friends for photoshoots, be it casual, bikini, or nude. Many of the members here are married or attached, and it is very inappropriate to ask friends and relatives . Many are also very busy with their job and only have weekends to spare and probably didnt want the hassle to organise free shooting.

3. Costs : Of course these shoots are not cheap, but as fas as i know, many of us have other more expensive hobbies, so paying $100 for 3 hrs is relatively reasonable.

4. Industry: Because there is a demand, there is bound to have a supply. The more members seek to shoot models, the more ppl will come to this industry. The models now are expected to do more, more versatile, more daring, etc... it's all depend on how strong the demand or supply - simple as that ... nothing about Ethics. If the supply is not in, then the quality expected from the small pool of models will be low, and vice-versa. But as a whole, members here are helping an industry. A year ago, it's very hard to get foreign models, but thanks to Charby and esp Bobman, members are given an opportunity experimenting a very sensitve subject...:think: Of course it comes with a cost. Anyway fyi, most of these models are still students from the local tertiary institutions, and these weekend incomes proved to be god-sent.

There are many other reasons, but i believe the one about going for the skin-fest is definately not the main reason. Like someone said, probably only morons will. ....

Sex can be in many forms:

A Buy FHM, Maxim and look and see. Playboy mag hasn't arrived yet.
B Internet can get all kinds of pictures
C KTV, song and dance and some good company
D Pubs, etc
E Geylang and Hotel 81
F Voyeurs disguised as photogs going for bikini, lingerie or "artistic" nude shoots.

Call it entertainment, call it fun or some call it hobby or just to release stress.:thumbsup:

Moral, Ethics, dunno what it is. What about gambling, alcohol, smoking, drugs ......:nono: :thumbsd:

Deadpoet said:
Well, I thought we, excluding Jose, all had been playing rather nice. I only called Jose a moron, I had more choice words, but will save them for another time.

Jose, of course, has the right to express his opinion as he sees fit. So does everyone else. I dont see Jose playing nice, quite nasty and mean spirited actually. So what do we do?

Well, we can all take a step back and wait for his reply. That would be fair i reckon.

Seriously, this topic does surface every once in awhile. In a way, it's healthy for some form of discourse of this matter but again, we need to look at everything in context and in the proper perspective.

Cheers. :)

I think I mentioned this once in another thread.

Ppl do photography, because it's a healthy hobby. Photographers like to shoot pretty models, because they're pleasing to the eye.

I'll put myself in the shoes of a photographer. If I'm practising my skill on any fine sunny weekend, I'll rather pay for something/someone that's comfortable to look at, good to smell, and friendly to talk to. (my girls smell like strawberries) Nobody really wants to make life awful for themselves by approaching some sweaty BO garang guni man, or go bug the slightly deranged lady who collects drink cans.

BTW, new shoot coming up on 17th June, Bernice in bikini!! Strictly no garang guni man!! :D

Gravemaid said:

Ppl do photography, because it's a healthy hobby. Photographers like to shoot pretty models, because they're pleasing to the eye.

I'll put myself in the shoes of a photographer. If I'm practising my skill on any fine sunny weekend, I'll rather pay for something/someone that's comfortable to look at, good to smell, and friendly to talk to. (my girls smell like strawberries) Nobody really wants to make life awful for themselves by approaching some sweaty BO garang guni man, or go bug the slightly deranged lady who collects drink cans.

BTW, new shoot coming up on 17th June, Bernice in bikini!! Strictly no garang guni man!! :D
Whalau .... spent so much in the past and nobody told me that they smell nice!.... :cry: Didnt even know we can do the smell test.....Next time must use the macro lens for the max effect..... but for Ethics reason, probably will just forgo this bonus. :angel:

Canonised said:
Whalau .... spent so much in the past and nobody told me that they smell nice!.... :cry: Didnt even know we can do the smell test.....Next time must use the macro lens for the max effect..... but for Ethics reason, probably will just forgo this bonus. :angel:

Bro . probably our smell sense is not working ... :sweatsm:

Gravemaid said:

:bsmilie: Alright alright... no plugging allowed... :nono:

Good try though... :)

Anyway, everyone, may i suggest we stop any OT for now until Jose has a chance to reply?

Much appreciated. :)

Shoot models = think dirty
Shoot nudes = do dirty stuff
Shoot kids = paedophiles
Shoot animals = beastality

So, shoot what? :dunno:

I think no need for Jose to reply. He's probably another drtokina in disguise. For which he deserves nothing more than The Bird.

Deadpoet said:
Well, I thought we, excluding Jose, all had been playing rather nice. I only called Jose a moron, I had more choice words, but will save them for another time....
Actually u can bring it all out if u want. ;p

I'd like to thank Wolfgang for his diplomacy. And everyone else for their contributions, I agree that my opinions have been overly forceful. I hope my bluntness has not offended anyone.

mattlock said:
So people go to shoot half naked girls to get off
Well, admit it

I do that too! difference is that I would never pay 80 bucks and I do it one on one.hee hee hee

Does it spoil the good name of photography? hrrrm. Depends on whether you think that women are so uptight about such things, and whether people don't already know that photography is used as a tool to ogle.

Many of the sexy shots you see in magazines require a photographer with a perverse imagination to pull off that sexiness

thus I conclude that many photographers are really all a bunch of horny bas tards. Join the family! or go take pictures of rocks, that works too

I still wish that more people could be like mattlock! :bsmilie:

And as for deadpoet's remark about being a moron, it does take one to know one doesn't it?:thumbsd:

After reading Jose's comment, I feel cheap and dirty.:bsmilie:
Bullshit!!

1. It is sickening to see, yet again, another person trying to define what is ethical and what is not.

2. It is even worse for someone to define that when you get it for free it is ethically acceptable and when you pay for it, it is not acceptable.

3. Stereo-typing members here for their preferences.

I do not think that the thread starter deserves a reply from us, many of whom have been here since the early days of clubsnap. But then, I do not want anyone else to feel cheap and dirty.

I guess it takes for one to have a dirty mind to conjure all kinds of dirty thoughts to be able to define what's dirty. ;)

if you could pay and get happiness, go for it then, if not, pay $8, got to bbt and shoot till your lense crack no one will blame you:rolleyes:

jsbn said:
Actually u can bring it all out if u want. ;p
nah. As stoppable saids, Jose does not deserve our attention. Too much attention had been given already.

Jose said:
I'm not talking about TFCD. I like honestly, and so far, no one has admitted that guys are just horny. What i don't understand is why must a model subject be a sexy babe? Can't it be the kachang puteh man? Or the can-smashing-recycling old lady? Why not pay them? I only see bikini shoots, nude shoots etc.

You can see naked girls anytime you want, if you know where to go. Why pay them by the hour and masquerade it as a "photo shoot"?

you are been very childish at these statement of looking at the sleazy side of shooting a protrait .. Tell me that you have already got sick and tired of shooting ":model" then I may agree with the statement that you give. Are you capable of guiding and posing ladies who are professional model and shoot their best feature ..

protrait doesnt have to be sexy.. If you are only looking at the gallery in CS , then i say you havea very narrow perspective of what is Protrait. If everyone that is reading this understand what I mean. Esq so those who have been in this field for long enough..
It a insult, a big insult that we are shooting for the sake of been horny...

Status
Not open for further replies.