Why my new 7D come with Shutter Count 0679 ??

mivec

Jun 2, 2010
As per topic, Is that normal?

my wife just brough me a 7D as birthday present last wednesday.

after a trip to melacca last sunday and upload the photo to computer, realiase that the photo sequence numbers was started from 0679 onward. I was shock after checking the shutter count on the 7D body base on the Instruction manual.

anyone can tell me is that normal??
is it my wife kana cheat?

Thanks a lot, Will explore the shop name once confirmed kana cheat.

Last edited:
Was the CF card previously used on another body?

Was the CF card previously used on another body?

No leh, all was new from the shop, the shutter count was check from the 7D body.

Maybe its a display set!:dunno:

No leh, all was new from the shop, the shutter count was check from the 7D body.

BTW the shutter count check which you have saw refers to the counts since the battery's last recharge.

ehhhh...you mean that the actual shutter count not show on the batt section??

you do realise no camera comes out of the factory untested, rite?

for a typical semi-pro body nowadays, shutter life is counted in the 100ks. 679 out of 100000 is 0.679% of its lifespan.... dun sweat the small stuff. :rolleyes:

ehhhh...you mean that the actual shutter count not show on the batt section??

Yes, they're not shown there. And till date, there's no software that is capable of providing you with such info for 7D apart from Canon service centre.

for a typical semi-pro body nowadays, shutter life is counted in the 100ks. 679 out of 100000 is 0.679% of its lifespan.... dun sweat the small stuff. :rolleyes:

:bsmilie: It's just typical. Really, the emphasis on shutter count is :sweat:

guess maybe mivec is worried that he did not get a "brand new" camera and his wife was "cheated" into buying either a display set or secondhand set? :dunno:

If pictures coming from camera are sharp then don't care about 600 clicks (although if i would be at your place i would be also upset :sweat:).

Most likely display set.

Please tell us which retailer was it purchased from?

Its a birthday present from u're wife rite?.....Say thank you and enjoy taking photographs of her.
I sense that she will more upset than u if she realised all this...
If there's no actual defect physically and picture qualuty is ok then i guess it should be fine.
Take lots of photo and test all the setting during the warranty period just to be sure though...

The shop is too much. Obviously this is a test unit. But not to upset your wife, just go and shoot and enjoy.

When I bought my 7D, it also had a high shutter count (relatively speaking for a new camera - perhaps a few hundred). I knew that the shop had used it as a semi-display unit. It was a very reputable shop from Funan Mall. They gave me a slight discount and told me that if anything went wrong with the camera, they would replace it.

I've been using the camera for well over a year now and I'm perfectly happy with it. With an average shutter life of 150,000 actuation's for the 7D, I still have a long way to go before I reach that level.

To the TS, enjoy your camera. Perhaps the camera was not a virgin when you first entered a relationship with her. But, if she is performing to your expectations there is nothing to worry about. ;)

Shutter count... what a weird thing..

Mine jumped from 2-3K + to 9K suddenly...

Either because of video, or I swapped between 4 CF cards with 5DmkII during a wedding shot.

And my file names swapped from IMG to _MG.

It's weird, but don't let it distract you from capturing the moments that counts.

You will be doing the community a favor if you let us know which shop your wife bought it from though.

Rgds

I don't think there's cause for worry. The dealer probably used a common CF card for testing cameras. Your 7D just 'adopted' the last sequence number on that card.

guess maybe mivec is worried that he did not get a "brand new" camera and his wife was "cheated" into buying either a display set or secondhand set? :dunno:

Only you can understand me....

It can be display set right?

Imaging your love one spend 2 months salary to buy a gift for you, and you find out that the stuff are display set, but they selling at new set pricing.

will you getting mad? will all of you upsad?