Why do you NOT want a DSLR?

Why do you NOT want a DSLR?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the shutter sound is addicting.. especially when your doing the burst mode.:sweatsm:

The no of pixels for dslr, now 12.1mp later 12.3 mp then later 14mp....film dun have this issue

Its size and price is definitely a big issue.

ever since i got a DSLR, i've been wasting too much money and too much time on lens and post-processing. and used it less than 10 times ever since i bought it. but i lend it to my friends on almost every other weekend. bummer. regret siaaaaaaaaa.....

Hey that sounds like me! we spend way too much time researching lenses, buying them , post processing, and realise that all lenses cannot compare to modern day compact PNS cameras in terms of sharpness, unless they are the best and most expensive lenses...:angry:

so, i figured, just burn some big money and go direct and get the sharpest lens there is, becos, all other mediocre lens that u get will have IQ that cannot come close to any modern day PNS compacts for 10 times less the price...:thumbsd:

ever since i got a DSLR, i've been wasting too much money and too much time on lens and post-processing. and used it less than 10 times ever since i bought it. but i lend it to my friends on almost every other weekend. bummer. regret siaaaaaaaaa.....

You have very lucky friend.... :bsmilie:

My 2 biggest gripe with (D)SLRs is the bulk/weight and the need to change lenses abit too frequently unless using a superzoom.

For all others tho, DSLRs are really quite nice. Today, we're no longer restricted to the VF, there's liveview too:bsmilie:,
video is starting to creep in and soon, function wise, it'll cover as much as a P&S.

I started with P&S and at a time where SLRs were a whole lot less common till I just errm was so blur didn't know that something like it even existed:bigeyes:.
It was the problems/restrictions with a P&S that made me search for an answer that I "stumbled" upon something called SLR:sweat: ( almost want to die laughing at my own sillyness).
Went to try one and I fell in love with the equiptment:sticktong.

Bought one and I started clicking a lot more than usual (although going from a 1.3MP to film)
and soon it became a hobby:dunno:.

There are still times when I don't bring it out, e.g. to shopping malls mainly cos I dislike the unnecessary attention. Thankfully they're alot more common now.

dSLR - Money sucker in terms of the entire system. Spent too much time researching on lens rather than shooting. Spent too much time trying to keep the camera dust free and yet still have to deal with it time and time. Spent $2k but still need to peek into a viewfinder with is not as confortable as composing from a LCD screen ($2k can't get FF and mine doesn't have Liveview). It's big and heavy, can't bring it with me everyday.

Seriously, if not for the excellent noise control, depth of field and fast AF. I would pick up a nice manual P&S cause it follows me everyday, everywhere.

i've use P&S to semi pro and DSLR... i'm still currently using a P&S and DSLR combo to suit the various situation and photo taking opportunities...

If i were to state the reasons of why i DON'T want a DSLR... it would be the obvious strength that a P&S can provide over a DSLR..

SIZE!

No way i can go whitewater rafting or clubbing and snap using a DSLR!

But then again; what you gain in size, you gain in quality! BIG IS BEAUTIFUL! :)

Walking around with a DSLR will attract tourists who're looking for someone to help take a group shot. Kena 3 times in 30 minutes at Orchard area.

I thought about not getting a dslr, it being expensive and bulky.
And I delayed for about 6 odd years and finally succumbed.
Why?
i wanted to take better pictures with the flexibility to control how I want the pictures to turn out. period.
Not that the P&S can't do good pictures but its less flexible.

Oddly I like the weight of the camera because it stabilises my shots/hands BUT i don't like the bulk.
can har?

Assuming that price is not an issue, and what are the reasons which stop you from getting a DSLR?
If price is not an issue, the person is not interested in photography..... !!!

Cannot vote cos I do use and want a DSLR.

hmm..does not come in other color...:bsmilie:

black black de....i wonder got shockin pink bor? :think:

Oooh, another argument!

Better get my 2 cents in before this thread closes down as well. :devil:

The underlying assumption here is that the analog resolution of a slide is greater than the resolution of a digital image. This, as Jed says, is debatable. The day will come when your scanner will outperform the resolution of your slide image. It IS limited by the size of each individual crystal, you know.

Once a time scanner is already outperform our resolution of flim, due to cost, those machine no longer in production.

In any case, software interpolation techniques improve with time as well. Heard of Genuine Fractals? Something that was probably inconceivable a few years ago. Just as your slide can be better scanned in the future, a digital image CAN be digitally resampled. I never thought a 72dpi image could look so good on a monitor, but it does.

There were no more extra detail when resample, but it does looks good.

Nobody will live long enough to test the validity of this assertion. Your slide will most likely have crumbled to dust, together with the CD-R's. The difference is that the digital contents of a CD-R can be reproduced perfectly with great ease, on the medium of the day. The same is certainly not true of a slide. I have material which was originally stored on a 5 1/4 inch floppy, still available on my hard disk today, though one would be hard pressed to find a 5 1/4 inch floppy drive.

I have 40 mb syquest, MO disc with various size, 8 / 5.25 inch floppy, Tapes (DLT and reel),
no drive/soft ware to read any more. Just 15 years time that is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.