Why Clubsnap is so quiet now?

cteckwee

Dec 3, 2004
:cry:It has been quite sometimes since my last visit to Clubsnap forum. I noticed that most sub-forums are almost dead with no new posts. Where does everyone go for discussion of camera stuffs nowadays?

Guess ppl just surf net to find the answer instead of discussing it here.

Probably FB or WA? Or maybe ppl just shoot more nowadays instead of chatting? ��

:cry:It has been quite sometimes since my last visit to Clubsnap forum. I noticed that most sub-forums are almost dead with no new posts. Where does everyone go for discussion of camera stuffs nowadays?

Visit your void deck and you'll find us there: :bsmilie:

VoidDeck_Image06_bettybwong.jpg

Probably FB or WA? Or maybe ppl just shoot more nowadays instead of chatting? ��

I think if some of the mods here are not so fast at snapping at newbies asking questions with "don't ask stupid questions can?" or "can you search for answers yourself first?" - that would help.

Good one, playing Chinese chess is a much cheaper hobby than photography.

I think if some of the mods here are not so fast at snapping at newbies asking questions with "don't ask stupid questions can?" or "can you search for answers yourself first?" - that would help.

Well, I guess moderators also no choice but have to carry out their duties loh

I guess so nowadays there are so many photography interest groups on social media. Miss those days where we really use this forum as the ultimate source for anything related to photography.

What a silly question! This question has been asked many times, you should learn to use the search function!
;) I am only joking. I also noticed there's less activity here. I think everyone is outside playing pokemon go instead.

Well, I guess moderators also no choice but have to carry out their duties loh

There are friendly ways to do it and there are nasty ways to do that same duties.

Being a mod has to be one of the most thankless jobs ever.

What UncleFai said is precisely what had happened. Even for myself, I log in just once every few months. Reason is simple: Whenever I log into CS, I almost always can see a newbie post being flamed by others, it's quite a turn off:
- This question has been raised so many times in the past, why don't you use the search function?
- Hey please, why are you asking such a simple question? Even a 3 year old that knows how to use google search can find the answer!
- Why you post the same thing on so many sections?
- Although your opinion is correct, we don't allow post that might hurt any of the camera brands (afterall they are the sponsors)

=========================
After a while, if everything can be google searched, or everything can be found using the search, what's the point of even posting in the forum anymore?

And btw this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you noticed - the number of gatherings/outings threads also declined drastically since the 2008, 2009, 2010. Trust me, the reason for the decline of the outing threads is way uglier, and I am sure my post will be deleted if I post the reasons. Because of it, people have hopped to other platforms to organise the outings.

Reactions: kazu11
What UncleFai said is precisely what had happened. Even for myself, I log in just once every few months. Reason is simple: Whenever I log into CS, I almost always can see a newbie post being flamed by others, it's quite a turn off:
- This question has been raised so many times in the past, why don't you use the search function?
- Hey please, why are you asking such a simple question? Even a 3 year old that knows how to use google search can find the answer!
- Why you post the same thing on so many sections?
- Although your opinion is correct, we don't allow post that might hurt any of the camera brands (afterall they are the sponsors)

=========================
After a while, if everything can be google searched, or everything can be found using the search, what's the point of even posting in the forum anymore?

And btw this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you noticed - the number of gatherings/outings threads also declined drastically since the 2008, 2009, 2010. Trust me, the reason for the decline of the outing threads is way uglier, and I am sure my post will be deleted if I post the reasons. Because of it, people have hopped to other platforms to organise the outings.

I do notice it. All the older timers who organised outings are practically gone.

Most other forums have some form of kopitiam chat too, so it's not unique. Even car or other forums have some photo section too..

I'm curious - what's the issue with the outings?

I'm curious - what's the issue with the outings?

I don't think now is like this but when I started out, I joined these mass outings in the hope to be guided. Unfortunately, the seniors were pretty snobbish and seem to guided those who "por" or kowtow to them. The size of outing didn't help either. I think subsequent outing organisers like myself, shiosaki (when he was still active here) and thoongeng seem to go in the direction of keeping the group small and included some demo or sharings.

Reactions: Scintillation
Fully agree with the observations here. When I first bump into this site, there were members organising photo shoots. That was where I pick up a camera and learn how to shoot (5 years ago?). Then the chit chat here was very active and people will provide comments and share their views quite openly. Even if one ask 'stupid' or repetitive questions, someone will sure to assist. Isn't this is what Sion's void deck participants do?

For me, the only active is the buy/sell section. While I don't buy much now, most of my stuff are bought from there. Generally it is still a good forum and hope it will goes back to the old days and be more active.

Hmm another observation:
I had a cs account about 2 years ago, and worked hard to get my 50 posts before being able to post picture and links. Was inactive for a while and then found my account deleted. With a facebook group and a Flickr group, I just find it easier to post in those forums than here. Mostly use the buy/sell forums here, as Bukitimah said.

I cant help but agree to all the mod bashings.

I have observed CS members before and after they become Mods. Before: nice and gentle; After: "Do a search before you ask!"

Absoulte power corrupts.

People who tries to voice out gets banished. There were discussions on the owners of CS more money oriented than consumer oriented. These threads are completely deleted and the people banished.

I am pretty sure my statement here will make me completely banned. It's ok then. This will be another good example.

Actually if everyone search before asking .. I am pretty sure there won't be much questions to be ask .. Hence no need to have a forum ...

In anycase .. If one's answer is search before u ask .. Then I rather that person no say anything
. and let those who is willing to answer ... To answer the question

On the topic of outing .. I think more outing would be good ...so can know more ppl .. And prossibliy have more things to chat about after knowing them thought outing ...

The series of clubsnap talks at funan is good .. Really appreciate the effort to get those to happen .. Cheers to the moderators who made it happened.