Why a pentax??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't Pentax do the twin kit bundle with either a DA50-200 or a FAJ75-300?

how much would a K-M kit cost when it comes out then??sub 1000?
900?

"Non-digital"? The DA 55-300 is a new lens released early this year! Anyway, many Pentaxians here have "non-digital" lenses, don't think they give any problems....

oh, sorry, so its a lens for digital cam? my mistake then

the 55-300mm is for the new DSLRs. Most of us here own older Pentax Film SLRs and move on to Digital. I for one have 28mm, 85mm, 135mm prme lenses from the old SLR days. The others too all have different lenses from the old days too.

I would say that ISO 1600 is not that bad compared with the competition.
The default NR in K200D is off, so you may switch it on to "Weak" or "Strong" depending on your taste.
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxk200d/page16.asp

i dont want to burn a hole in my pocket after buying the DSLR..:cry:
if the lens are really so expensive..i may have to reconsider...just live with my proconsumer:)

Last edited:
you guys am right..
went to john 3:16..

only camera i would recommend is a nikon or a canon...
or a canon or a nikon..

ugh

when i asked for what he think abt pentax..he was pretty negative abt it...

sigh

but

the nikon d60 going for 850 with kit lens did raise my eyebrow

Actually Samuel is not tat negative about Pentax. He told me Pentax give great colours just that the limitation he said about for Pentax locally is the lenses as it's not very wide range as compared to overseas.

Actually Samuel is not tat negative about Pentax. He told me Pentax give great colours just that the limitation he said about for Pentax locally is the lenses as it's not very wide range as compared to overseas.

okla...i understand that part..but can see he purely marketing nikon..canon and olympus..

waiting for k-m to come out..then compare the price..i might just get the nikon d60 if it is cheaper...but have to agree...nikon definitely has more lenses..

unless pentax really starts marketing their lenses here...

Last edited:
waiting for k-m to come out..then compare the price..i might just get the nikon d60 if it is cheaper...but have to agree...nikon definitely has more lenses..

I thought one of your criteria is: not a C or N.
Why suddenly change your mind? Because of preaching from Sam?
Remember, D60 can only autofocus with AF-S lenses.
But surely there are also many AF-S lenses out there.

Honestly once you make your decision, whichever system it is, you'll be happy with it.
I am, Pentax is my first DSLR.

you guys am right..
went to john 3:16..

only camera i would recommend is a nikon or a canon...
or a canon or a nikon..

ugh

when i asked for what he think abt pentax..he was pretty negative abt it...

sigh

but

the nikon d60 going for 850 with kit lens did raise my eyebrow

My best advice is to check with somene who had played with all the brands.
mabbe u can check with our resident camera playboy zenten.
He had married and divorced his cameras of various brand several time already. He will be the best person to gave a honest advice.

Nikon lenses choices are more but they are also more exp! I got my K20D from John 3:16. haha

Seriously, if you want go dslr, the price of the body should be the least of your concern in the long run. I remember a year ago when I really only wanted to get a Nikon D40 with kit lens and wanted to keep it under $1000 budget and stick with it. The mentality was simply - its a dslr over a PnS; X-factor. Somehow I procrastinated and did more extensive research before finally deciding on the k10d this April. And it was no turning back... I would say in the end, the body is less than 20% of my overall expenditure tll now and it will keep getting lower. To decide on what system you want hinges importantly on the lenses and I mean in terms of optical quality and price, not just availability, which is the least of my concern. Unless you just want to use your dslr as a PnS, I would advice getting at least a mid-range body, i.e. k10/20d, D90/300, 50D.

Seriously, if you want go dslr, the price of the body should be the least of your concern in the long run. I remember a year ago when I really only wanted to get a Nikon D40 with kit lens and wanted to keep it under $1000 budget and stick with it. The mentality was simply - its a dslr over a PnS; X-factor. Somehow I procrastinated and did more extensive research before finally deciding on the k10d this April. And it was no turning back... I would say in the end, the body is less than 20% of my overall expenditure tll now and it will keep getting lower. To decide on what system you want hinges importantly on the lenses and I mean in terms of optical quality and price, not just availability, which is the least of my concern. Unless you just want to use your dslr as a PnS, I would advice getting at least a mid-range body, i.e. k10/20d, D90/300, 50D.

that's why i am looking for pentax:)...i heard the lens are cheaper:)..i am not sure how true this is though..can someone confirmed this?
Thanks

whats the rumour in the streets on how much the k-m would roughly cost once its here?

whats the rumour in the streets on how much the k-m would roughly cost once its here?

i saw a japanese article saying japan may get in in late oct 2008...and price similar to K200d...not sure how true this is though....

i saw a japanese article saying japan may get in in late oct 2008...and price similar to K200d...not sure how true this is though....

hope it goes cheaper cos of the lack of some features...

how much is the street price for the k200d anywaes?

hope it goes cheaper cos of the lack of some features...

how much is the street price for the k200d anywaes?

Hi ardnirun

(My 1st post in CS!:))

I've just got my K200D twin kit from MSColor at $1160 (the 18-55 is the older version though...hmmmm).

Hi ardnirun

(My 1st post in CS!:))

I've just got my K200D twin kit from MSColor at $1160 (the 18-55 is the older version though...hmmmm).

wats the other lens tat came with it?

I feel k200d is a better overall camera and the least you should get. K-m is really very very budget for those who just want a dslr for the sake of getting it and cheaply. Anyway, try not to get too many kit lenses, i never had one. Once you feel the quality, both optical and built, of the DA limiteds and DA*s, you would want get rid of the kits. For a start, you may try getting a FA50 f1.4 as your kit. Cost around $330. Very versatile and good for beginners. Forget about the zoom.

Status
Not open for further replies.