Who is a Singaporean?

Who is a Singaporean?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
dun worry Sammy, i am all for some harmless humour! :cool:

i am a pair of sORe-EyEz in my own country but not so abroad... wait ISD kok kok my door. ah-hahaa... :bsmilie:

A Singaporean is someone who is willing to Pay And Pay.

ya, i know what you mean. Recently i went visit my friends and something i have learn where cant find it in singapore. My friends share with me this "I love my country, but my country dont love me" hahahahaha Then another one say, "I love my country but my country only love our money" so what you guys think?

well, whether your country loves you - is it important?

i think it might care, i think there are good people here. but the same applies anywhere. like i always say, life's all about compromises. espion mentions "grass is greener" syndrome, that's not true for many people i know, actually. at the end of the day, be it africa, america, europe, japan, singapore.. you win some, you lose some. and a lot of those who have gone overseas and come back would probably know what i mean. unless they don't feel like it's home.

i am singaporean because it is my home. can't it be as simple as that? or does one insist that everything can be described?

Father Singaporean. Mother Malaysian. Born in Selangor'62. Kindergarten in KL. 1969 come here to stay for good with parent. Primary School and Secondary School in Singapore. Saw the birth of the National Stadium and soon the last days of it's existence. Taking my first flight in Singapore at the Paya Lebar Aiport with my latest flight being at the Changi International Airport T2. and soon T3. NS in the Police Force for 2.5 yrs. Made arrests I hoped had made a difference. Summon lots motor vehicles keeping the roads safe or clear. :devil: Took part in two National Day Parade march pass. Served my reservist till 40. Partok and broke up with 8 Singaporean ladies. Voted twice in my life before GRC system took away anymore chance of it. Owner of a HDB flat pass down from my dad. Dad passed on in Singapore. Bought all my photography stuff in Singapore. Starting from an FG working my way up to a D70. Cycled almost every part of Singapore watching how the island has changed. From close knit colourful kampung people and culture set in wooden houses to stone cold condos where people drift apart. Witnessed 5 Singapore Presidents come to be. Witnessing founding fathers go from LKY to GCT to LHL. Spanning a period almost as long as Singapore declared independence in 1965. Just some high lights from my humble Singapore story.

It tells us how young you are... heehee

A Singaporean is someone who is willing to Pay And Pay.

It is not a question of Pay & Pay. Nothing is free in this world.

Would you like to tell us a place to stay which is free?

It must be a heaven there!

well, whether your country loves you - is it important?

i think it might care, i think there are good people here. but the same applies anywhere. like i always say, life's all about compromises. espion mentions "grass is greener" syndrome, that's not true for many people i know, actually. at the end of the day, be it africa, america, europe, japan, singapore.. you win some, you lose some. and a lot of those who have gone overseas and come back would probably know what i mean. unless they don't feel like it's home.

i am singaporean because it is my home. can't it be as simple as that? or does one insist that everything can be described?

Bravo to night86mare!

Yes I am a Singaporean!

Another way to think before you answer: what will you die for Singapore? What of Singapore is worth far more than your life? Is there anything at all?

Certainly not for the Singaporean values of "kaisu" and "kaisi" and "dont think and dont ask too much" and to everything you don't know, say "Not sure". For Singlish? For chicken rice?

Again for some they have no choice about it, just like going to NS.

But for those who chose to stay, which presumably you have at least an alternative, will you make a different choice now if your life is a price to pay? And even if you are willing to give your life what about those you love? Would you send away your family and children at the first hint of trouble?

Or you chose to stay because its economically optimal and expedient at this point in time? ie the grass just seems greener here at this point in time and you go where there is good grass.

U are right. The choice is yours.

If you think that this is not a good place to stay e.g must serve NS for guy then you better leave because you become a liability. If you choose not to fight, somebody will have to fight for you! The reason simple.. you are a Singaporean.

Last edited:
I hope the graph is not representative.

Let us wait and see.

Last edited:
If Singaporean is someone born in Singapore, then someone not born in Singapore can never be Singaporean?

And for those who say "Did NS" what about those who never or could not do NS?

Last edited:
U are right. The choice is yours.

If you think that this is not a good place to stay e.g must serve NS for guy then you better leave because you become a liability. If you choose not to fight, somebody will have to fight for you! The reason simple.. you are a Singaporean.

But what are you fighting and dieing for?

But what are you fighting and dieing for?

Good question.

What do you think and what is in your mind?

if in future,
I'm retired and migrate to other country due to the high living cost in singapore

I'm still singaporean.

is not the colour of the passport you holding

is your heart, where they belong to.

if in future,
I'm retired and migrate to other country due to the high living cost in singapore

I'm still singaporean.

is not the colour of the passport you holding

is your heart, where they belong to.

Stay here lah! and die here also lah!

Spend your last bit for the economy!

i'm a malaysian and a spore PR. been staying and working in spore since '92. i consider myself more or less a sporean.

why you may ask?

answer is simple... living here for the past 16 years, the way of life here have been infused in me. i'm starting to think, speak and behave like a sporean.

whenever i go back to malaysia to visit my family, i really despise how things are run back in malaysia. things are not organised properly, people there don't give a shlt about things except for themselves, and etc.

if i have the chance to move my family here, i'd would. but i don't think they would want to come over. they have their roots firmly planted there.

but don't ask me to convert my PR into a citizenship status. to me, being a spore citizen doesn't mean i'm a spore citizen.

Stay here lah! and die here also lah!

Spend your last bit for the economy!

I can stay here and die here.. but the government don't want..
those old, useless, poor citizen

few yrs ago, a minister suggest buy/lease land from Malacca or Batam. Set up an old age home/centre there. For those OLD singapore citizen to stay there.

A Singaporean is someone who is CPF rich but cash poor..

A Singaporean is someone who called using Singtel, surf with singnet, watched via Starhub, ride on SBS/SMRT, banking thru DBS/POSB..

Status
Not open for further replies.