Which streets you usually shoot?

I think the usual streets that we frequently shoots tends to get boring and flavourless after a while... Maybe streets of JB might have more nostagic feeling since there are a lot of older buildings there?

Please provide citation, dont anyhow quote. We are at kopitiam not so easily convinced.

is this true?

because i tried shooting them before... but of course i chat up first... ;)
if you not easily convinced, please feel free to go down there to try out first...
i have no prove of what they say is true or not and i'm do trust what they said...

best regards

Last edited:
I wanna go HAJI ...lane.

ok lets go together :bsmilie:

if you not easily convinced, please feel free to go down there to try out first...
i have no prove of what they say is true or not and i'm do trust what they said...
i have already made some new friends there...

best regards

thanks for the advise bro! then i shall skip geylang :D

hey all... it's against the singapore law to shoot the legal pimps and legal whorehouses...
they are protected by the law for your information...

for the illegal pimps and whorehouses... better not to shoot if you want to get beaten up...

and for info too... the more people that go... the more trouble you can get into... you will never outnumber the people there...

best regards

Please provide citation, dont anyhow quote. We are at kopitiam not so easily convinced.

is this true?

best regards

Serious ah? You chat with them? And ... you trust their version of singapore law? :sweatsm:

As far as I know there is no such thing as legal prostitution here.

What I know is that it is not illegal, but it is also not legal, and thus it falls into gray area. While government never set a zone, police has step up effort to contain the activity to only some area so not to upset the general population.

Also please note that promoting sexual services (some call that pimping) is illegal in Singapore.
So ... a bit ermmm .. puzzled that you mention "legal pimps". Under which law? Local Geylang Law? :think:

Last edited:

OK u planned an outing there lah.
i need to navigate how to go first
hyper bad sense of direction :sweat:

i dun plan outing one leh... ;p

cos i usually shoot alone if not the max 3 person. dun like too big group. once a while may join group outings if the topic interests me. I just find that shooting in big group sometimes very hard to take photos and dun have much inspiration :sweatsm:

i dun plan outing one leh... ;p

cos i usually shoot alone if not the max 3 person. dun like too big group. once a while may join group outings if the topic interests me. I just find that shooting in big group sometimes very hard to take photos and dun have much inspiration :sweatsm:

i'm ok with lesser ppls coz i am shy! ...
oh but i will not know what to shoot leh ... (newbie here)
must have a motive of the day ... else i worried i end up shopping hah

Ok with Haji .....

i never never been there before just know its a nice place (i think)
very tired now cant think further liao ..

Let's go take photo bah ...
follow up by PM bah....

Serious ah? You chat with them? And ... you trust their version of singapore law? :sweatsm:

As far as I know there is no such thing as legal prostitution here.

What I know is that it is not illegal, but it is also not legal, and thus it falls into gray area. While government never set a zone, police has step up effort to contain the activity to only some area so not to upset the general population.

Also please note that promoting sexual services (some call that pimping) is illegal in Singapore.
So ... a bit ermmm .. puzzled that you mention "legal pimps". Under which law? Local Geylang Law? :think:

try walking with a big camera around the shoulders everytime and get questioned by them... ;)
well.. imho... i just don't want to get into trouble... "legal" means those authorised to set up business(have numbers on their doors) with their "girls" going for regular health screening... "illegal" means back alleys and on the streets...

ok... enough of talking about geylang for me... i'm out of this thread....
imho... little india is a great place to take pictures... ;) it still have some charm left in it...

best regards

actually it all depends on what u wan to capture... if u wanna capture human emotions, then any streets is the same...

but if the streets themselves does matter, then one must explore diff streets... even geylanfg is not enough... must go m'sia , batam, thailand, hk....

haha...

sg streets are too ordered, too clean, too predictable compared to others... all hdb are similar, most streets are similar... most shopping mall are simlar... food courts.. car park... i think our govt like things to be the same...

imagine if the old chinatown still exists... imagine those old hawkers still exists... the original laupasat still exists.. wow...

actually it all depends on what u wan to capture... if u wanna capture human emotions, then any streets is the same...

but if the streets themselves does matter, then one must explore diff streets... even geylanfg is not enough... must go m'sia , batam, thailand, hk....

haha...

sg streets are too ordered, too clean, too predictable compared to others... all hdb are similar, most streets are similar... most shopping mall are simlar... food courts.. car park... i think our govt like things to be the same...

imagine if the old chinatown still exists... imagine those old hawkers still exists... the original laupasat still exists.. wow...

That's why I suggest JB - where most of the streets remain the same for the last 20 probably 30 years or more! Old kopitiams, remain the same rustic old kopitiams... Things doesn't change so often there... Why JB? it's only a stone's throw away from woodlands... Take bus 174 and passport - *zap* there already! Super clean streets like Sg - wait long long! Stroll along the coastway you'll probably see a lot of streets you don't often see in Sg, old car workshops, convenient stores, etc, etc... Tuck in every corner you'll have a photo opportunity... An un-adulterated version of Singapore streets back in the 70-80s...

Last edited:
That's why I suggest JB - where most of the streets remain the same for the last 20 probably 30 years or more! Old kopitiams, remain the same rustic old kopitiams... Things doesn't change so often there... Why JB? it's only a stone's throw away from woodlands... Take bus 174 and passport - *zap* there already! Super clean streets like Sg - wait long long! Stroll along the coastway you'll probably see a lot of streets you don't often see in Sg, old car workshops, convenient stores, etc, etc... Tuck in every corner you'll have a photo opportunity... An un-adulterated version of Singapore streets back in the 70-80s...

JB is dangerous... i been there once... dun like the feeling being watched. :(

JB is dangerous... i been there once... dun like the feeling being watched. :(

Look around our region... please tell me which region is safer than or equal to the safety in Singapore?? :bsmilie: If you want to feel safe, partner another photographer who have big biceps *cough*...like leong23 or numnumball or sion (who yields the ultimate crime-fighting sword) *cough, cough*

Last edited:
Look around our region... please tell me which region is safer than or equal to the safety in Singapore?? :bsmilie: If you want to feel safe, partner another photographer who have big biceps *cough*...like leong23 or numnumball or sion (who yields the ultimate crime-fighting sword) *cough, cough*

ermm not true. I been to BKK... Bintan, i walked in dark alleys... but still feel safe. Just feel unsafe particularly in JB...

n688242522_821592_7330.jpg

n688242522_821593_7675.jpg

Above is a photo i took with a PnS in bintan 8-9 plus at night... near Ole Ole... there is a local hwaker center nearby... so i walk by foot... the whole place is this dark but i dun feel unsafe.

Faint.....i so small size only.....:sweat:

Btw, i do shoot in Geylang in the daytime, but avoid those whorehouse.

Haven't do shooting in JB, all my Malaysian friends also advice me not to, but i feel very safe to shoot in Bangkok even at night.

Street photography can be shot anywhere, because it is to capture and record life.

Singapore is changing so fast, so basically everything is worth recording.

Example, we used to have chicken that is slaughter in the neighbourhood wet market.....but now is history, all the new HDB flat no longer see those clothes hanging out of the kitchen with multi-colours of bamboo poles.

Generally most ppls will go to following places for street

Chinatown
Little India
Orchard Road
Haji Lane
Geylang
Bugis

3159975629_2fb7b853ac_m.jpg
3681490865_b63b1e155f_m.jpg
3129073712_28d62a816f_m.jpg
3471422726_b84b5c3efe_m.jpg
3663378074_b82c63213d_m.jpg

You can still see ppls making their own dry salted meat in Geylang. :bsmilie:

4210603896_2327bbb2be.jpg

Common thing now is history in the future.....do go record our present life to show it to our grandchildren.

You can still see ppls making their own dry salted meat in Geylang. :bsmilie:

4210603896_2327bbb2be.jpg

Common thing now is history in the future.....do go record our present life to show it to our grandchildren.

this is cool! :bsmilie: