Which Portable External Hard Disk to Recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, all external drives are equally good and price wise all are very competitive too. I read few members' disk crash. Of course there are more than one reason you can crash the disk. The most important is that any drive more than 250GB it is better to have additional power supply either by external power source or another USB cable to supply power to the drive.
For users on the move, may be it is better to keep to less than 500GB because you do not need additional power to stablize the disk drive and also it is better to have different drive to organize the files.
This is my 2 cents thought.

Personally, i'll go for WD and only if I have to, then Seagate. So far, WD have been the best in terms of speed and reliablity.

As for data recovery, I have the unfortuate experience of going through 3 recoveries. All costing minimally S$1200. There are actually data insurance packages, meaning, you buy a 3 year package for I think 80-100 per year with unlimited data recoveries for the particular HDD or storage array. I think its very worth it esp for professionals photographer and even those who value their data but too busy/lazy to maintain backups so that is quite worth it.

Do drop me a PM if you need more info on the data insurance packages or wanna find out more on data recoveries.

Status
Not open for further replies.