Which mouse is better ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Microsoft Optical Explorer 2 wireless? Got mine for $50 from Tampines Challenger yesterday. Its heavy though, would'nt recommend it for gaming.

togu said:
Yes, gamer's mouse with 1600dpi.

Buy BUy Buy!!

:p
Wow... 1600dpi :bigeyes:

KT, come to NUG... we show you a variety of mice :devil: Or I can exchange my mice with your BT one :devil:

i would not recommend wireless be it RF or BT technology.

it lags.
especially if the person is needs the precision & accuracy, its a no no.
used both technology b4 and both have failed me for my area of work.

i would rather stick to a conventional wired mouse.
works better.

Logitech MX510.
Razor Diamondback + Exactmat.

I am using both. The higher resolution for gaming is also good for photo editing. Very precise. Both are wired so you don't get any lag or inaccurate signals. Both are quite different in shape so please try and see which one you prefer.
;)

Wow :bigeyes: Thanks guy. So much choice and selection.;p

Will go Funan Challenger to see see look look, then go NUG.

Logitech MX510.
Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse
Microsoft Optical Explorer 2 wireless

King Tiger said:
Wow :bigeyes: Thanks guy. So much choice and selection.;p

Will go Funan Challenger to see see look look, then go NUG.

Logitech MX510.
Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse
Microsoft Optical Explorer 2 wireless

I go with u lah... i went with Edwin to buy his laptop mouse also... den he 'FINALLY' bought 1 that he like... u ask him lor... i really make it an 'ENJOYABLE' event for him... he was so grateful that he nearly teared... :thumbsup: :bsmilie: :sweat:

markccm said:

it lags.

works better.

When is the last time you used a wireless mouse?

The first generation of wireless mouse dis have a noticable lag because of longer wake-up time as well as lower report rates (~50 ms per report), but recent models (those that came out about 2 years ago) from both Logitech and Microsoft has 27 MHz RF report rates that are as fast as USB (8 ms per report) so the lag should not be noticable.

As for precision and accuracy, wireless (both BT and 27MHz) are as good as wired.

markccm said:

it lags.

works better.
how's the lag like? I'm interested to know the work you do that needs such quick respond times. I can only think of a professional gamer that needs quick respond from the mouse.

yanyewkay said:
how's the lag like? I'm interested to know the work you do that needs such quick respond times. I can only think of a professional gamer that needs quick respond from the mouse.

sometimes i wonder if we need a brake button on the mouse anot, roll so fast, i scared my mouse run away... bo brake... den still have slippery tyres... :bsmilie:

By the way for notebook PC use I would recommend the following:

1. Logitech V500. Very cool design. The receiver can be totally hidden inside the moise when not in use and the capacitive touch pad for 4-way scrolling is kind of cool also.
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/CA/EN,CRID=2135,CONTENTID=9508

2. Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse. This is the older model that came out about a year ago. I got one since it first came out and still using the same battery. Microsoft has their own optical tracking ASIC and their mouse products have incredible battery life.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=050

3. Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000. This is their latest model. Looks cooler than the previous model (in my opinion) and has the 4-way scroll wheel similar to the Tilt Wheel on their desktop mouse. It has a battery holder that slides out from the back of the mouse where the silver logo is. Tracking engine is the same as the previous model.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=045

4. If you want to get the top of the line notebook mouse then you can go for Microsoft Notebook Laser Mouse 6000. Same design as the WNOM 4000 but uses a laser tracking engine that allows you to track on more surfaces than conventional optical tracking engine.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=048

Well the WCG tourneys use optical corded mice. So i guess that's a good indication of what kind to get

Status
Not open for further replies.