Which is a good website for uploading your pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kho king,

i wonder how you obtain your account in photobase as www.photobase.com/~khoking; as openlens has posted earlier that ~userid web album is not available yet.

Originally posted by Kho King

Just tried this morning, and same. Fuji site can't work.

Openlens.com is currently down, due to the upgrade process of the ISP. Should be back soon.

Tripodasia is working.
I re-opened OpenLens a week ago...already hosting 600+ pics and videos and things seem to be going smoothly. For examples of dl times, check out any of erwinx, khoking, goondu, or a few others postings in the critique area here at clubsnap. Whomever you use, don't use coolconnet PLEASE...I'm in Taiwan....not far from Singapore, right? But browsing through posts which include images hosted by coolconnet is like waiting for a transmission from Mars! :(

Originally posted by Goondu

Special arrangement between Openlens and Kho King. :)
Kho's a friend of mine. I am also hosting PhotoMalaysia, in which I am partnered with him...his idea my server and tech skills. I will probably offer /~name or full subdomains (name.openlens.com) at some point in the future as part of a subscription donation or something...probably with unlimited diskspace & bandwidth. Don't know yet. But never fear...what you see at OpenLens now is and will continue to be completely free. When I have the time I will also be throwing in a photo critique and other stuff, too. I've also been seeing some passionate threads concerning some individuals leeching others photos without permission (OpenLens allows leeching) and have decided to work on some additional security measures so that album owners can specify exactly what domains can leech their files. Good idea? :dunno:

Slowly but surely...and thanks for the props support I've gotten from some of you. It's hard work, but a pet project that I love. :heart:

Originally posted by OpenLens

I've also been seeing some passionate threads concerning some individuals leeching others photos without permission (OpenLens allows leeching) and have decided to work on some additional security measures so that album owners can specify exactly what domains can leech their files. Good idea? :dunno:

Slowly but surely...and thanks for the props support I've gotten from some of you. It's hard work, but a pet project that I love. :heart:

Sounds good to me. And by the way, thanks once again. :D

Originally posted by Goondu

Sounds good to me. And by the way, thanks once again. :D
Sounds very good to me to protect from leeching... ;)

Direct image linking? im thinking of refraining from using coolconnect. Not fair to roy and the rest.

But i dun wan my threads to appear as links, people get turned off by blue links, instead of seeing photos (im one of them..hehe..bad habit. :p)

tripodasia is closing down
and merging with tripod.com

Status
Not open for further replies.