Where to go for 2 weeks in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi boroangel,

7 weeks in France, followed by 2 weeks holiday. WOW !!!
There are so many, so many options.
I think you've got a lot of constructive advice already.

You can use the weekends to travel to Paris and the neighbouring cities. I am not so familiar with France, but if you are interested, I can loan you my EyeWitness guide to France.

For the 2 weeks holiday, after your work is over, I would second zossh's suggestion. Stick to one country rather than hopping from one country to another.

My suggestion would be to spend 2 weeks in Italy.

You can do a South to North trip eg. Naples (2), Rome (4), Florence (2), Pisa (1), Milan (2), Venice (2). The number in brackets indicate the number of nights you can stay in each of the cities. You can travel to/from all these cities by train - this will help save costs.

Good luck to you for your work and holiday. :thumbsup:

And yeah, do come back and let us know how it all went. :D

Yeah...I know...I got greedy during my trip to Australia and it was really rush....after the phototaking dont really have a chance to sit down and take in the place...I am more or less inclined now to spend around 13 days in Italy with a day to fly back to Paris for my flight...

Will try to cover from North to West....been trawling through tons of photos of italty on pbase to see what each province and city is about...I am not too keen to places like Milan or places where the architecture is almost the same...places like Bologna and Siena all look almost the same as Rome...the buildings I mean...but thats just from the few galleries i have seen till now...

Some of my must go would be Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Positano, Sorrento, Rome, Venice...just need to find out more about the other off beaten tracks in Italy and plan a North South or South North iti...

Mayeb I should now change the question to Where to go for 2 weeks in Italy?;p

Yeah...I know...I got greedy during my trip to Australia and it was really rush....after the phototaking dont really have a chance to sit down and take in the place...I am more or less inclined now to spend around 13 days in Italy with a day to fly back to Paris for my flight...

Will try to cover from North to West....been trawling through tons of photos of italty on pbase to see what each province and city is about...I am not too keen to places like Milan or places where the architecture is almost the same...places like Bologna and Siena all look almost the same as Rome...the buildings I mean...but thats just from the few galleries i have seen till now...

Some of my must go would be Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Positano, Sorrento, Rome, Venice...just need to find out more about the other off beaten tracks in Italy and plan a North South or South North iti...

Mayeb I should now change the question to Where to go for 2 weeks in Italy?;p

If you can rent a car and drive around, then it'll be easier to reach those less popular places in Italy. Taking buses and trains means that you are restricted by their time schedules. I had spent 1½ weeks touring Italy driving around, and it was fun driving up the mountains, visiting one of the hot springs, lakes etc etc. Oh yeah, if you are in Italy, you can try to stop by San Marino, one of the smallest country in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.