where to get polaroid cameras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raine

Jul 10, 2004
hey guys! don't know if this is the right place to post this but i figured polaroid is in a way a kinda alternative. Mods please feel free to let me know if i'm in the red.

I'm trying to get myself an old school polaroid camera plus maybe an SX-70 anyone knows where i can get it in SG? I'm fishing through the ebay sites already but i was just wondering if there's some old shop hidden somewhere that might have that stash of gold. :bsmilie:

thanks in advance! :)

think ebay ur best bet, esp for SX-70.

i've scout almost all the 2nd hand shops in SG...can't even find any old onestep / spectra...let alone sx-70. maybe others got more luck :confused:

of course do note the dangers of buying on ebay, like getting faulty units.

fwah really ah? then no choice man. That's my greatest fear that the camera i buy off ebay which may cost me like 200 bucks isn't working!then it'll be a very very very sad day...

thanks for the tip.

mustaffa have right?....

hey guys! don't know if this is the right place to post this but i figured polaroid is in a way a kinda alternative. Mods please feel free to let me know if i'm in the red.

I'm trying to get myself an old school polaroid camera plus maybe an SX-70 anyone knows where i can get it in SG? I'm fishing through the ebay sites already but i was just wondering if there's some old shop hidden somewhere that might have that stash of gold. :bsmilie:

thanks in advance! :)

i dunno if u are interested. but the shops in town still carry the new One600 Classic and the accompanying 600 film. :)

http://www.polaroid.com/global/index.jsp?co=sg&bmLocale=zh_SG

believe it or not, local hospitals still use polariod cameras to document surgeries.

mustaffa have right?....

mustafa have! But theirs is the newer ones, the 600one classic. ):

i mean last resort i'll get that lah. I was kinda looking for an old school one but in the end i may just end up buying the 600one classic. If you're interested its going for $50 plus over there i think.

and hospitals are still using it to document surgeries?! are you serious? :bigeyes:

i was surfing the net today, and came across polaroids on the lomo webbie!!!

you might wanna check out the site, think they had the jobpro polaroid. :)

and hospitals are still using it to document surgeries?! are you serious? :bigeyes:

yep. for some reason... the shop dat i go to normally takes in batch orders from SGH. i've no idea they still use them. :dunno:

i was surprise beco another surgeon fren of mine in TTSH uses his coolpix 900 to document his surgeries. different hospitals different requirements, mebbe?

oh i forgot to add! the old school ones can be found at far east plaza, ranges from 120 without flash to 180 bucks. can't remember the exact shop address, but it's a vintage shop and it's near "collage".

its called the attic. it displays polaroids outside.

yep. for some reason... the shop dat i go to normally takes in batch orders from SGH. i've no idea they still use them. :dunno:

i was surprise beco another surgeon fren of mine in TTSH uses his coolpix 900 to document his surgeries. different hospitals different requirements, mebbe?

i thought it only happened on tv, because on grey's anatomy they used like a polaroid in one episode. hahaha...

thanks for letting me know about the attic, i'll go check it out soon! :)

fwah really ah? then no choice man. That's my greatest fear that the camera i buy off ebay which may cost me like 200 bucks isn't working!then it'll be a very very very sad day...

thanks for the tip.

I bought 2 SX-70s from ebay.

I haven't had much luck at all. One kept going on long exposures no matter how much I turn the dial and the other just didn't work even though it was mint on the external.

I brought it to The Camera Hospital and Steven can't really fix them.

You may have better luck. If you get a real nice working one... then it's really fun. If not, everything else is just a pain. Even the Polaroid company here doesn't seem to be in existence, their website is a pain to navigate and there's really nobody you can turn to for repairs.

Be prepared to spend lots on film also. Cathay is selling the 600 film at 20+ for 20 exposures. The graphical quality of it is great though.... if you can go pass all the hurdles.

i have a sx70 if u're interested, untested though. I'm currently in Malaysia, will be back in SG this Wed-Sunday evening.

I bought 2 SX-70s from ebay.

I haven't had much luck at all. One kept going on long exposures no matter how much I turn the dial and the other just didn't work even though it was mint on the external.

I brought it to The Camera Hospital and Steven can't really fix them.

You may have better luck. If you get a real nice working one... then it's really fun. If not, everything else is just a pain. Even the Polaroid company here doesn't seem to be in existence, their website is a pain to navigate and there's really nobody you can turn to for repairs.

Be prepared to spend lots on film also. Cathay is selling the 600 film at 20+ for 20 exposures. The graphical quality of it is great though.... if you can go pass all the hurdles.

even though they said it was mint? can i ask roughly how much did it cost you? that's my biggest concern cause its not cheap to get it even if its from ebay and normally they'll say its mint and working, but then you never really know! :/

thanks for the heads up... i'm crossing my fingers

Have a working sx-70 in great condition. planning to buy an extra non working camera so i can mess about with the electronics.

Planning to mod the camera so that it takes 600 films without using a nd filter and you don't have to physically cut up each photo to make it fit.
Have to open the camera up, and replace the pc board. figuring out if i can replace the electronics for it with a cheap one step land camera.

sx-70 is such a pain to play around with.
Its really pricey to buy the time-blended films for it.

Best bet is to stick to the newer models or get those land cameras that takes 4x5 films. Or if you spend a little more, get the 690, it takes 600 films with manual exp.

am actually am looking out for some land cameras, they look quite cool. Been trying to get the 600SE from evilbay, but alas.. always get outbidded by a few cents..
Damn those evilbay snipes

Status
Not open for further replies.