Where is Jln Kayu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upper Thomson Road? Are you talking about Casuarina? One of the best Prata you can find in Singapore.

birefringence said:
Hmm... Will try some day. Jalan Kayu ones have deteriorated, I think. Best to eat when they make on the spot.

Have you guys tested the ones at Suntec? Not bad I think. Long long queues of ppl :bsmilie:

my friend say so-so lah...
everytime, go there , want to try... always long Q, no seat... arrr
even can find a seat, had to wait for 45 min.
I just want to order 1 only lah...

forget it, go to McDon to eat french fries..

simpang bedok beside the shell

Haha, thanks...for those who are interested, I'm a Singaporean all my life. Just that I don't have the 'thing' to go exploring the Jln Kayu prata shop until recently.

I'll probably stick to the Thomson Road ones, after listening to the invaluable feedback and stuff...just curious after hearing the "legendary" Jalan Kayu prata...seems like Jln Kayu is synonymous with prata...

Anyway, both ends of Upper Thomson Road feature wonderful crispy prata...wonderful...but nothing beats the one I had in Penang...cheap and good!

35 SCE boatman here. You ask the right guy about Jln Kayu. Its just outside my camp. You can take bus 103 from serangoon interchange or bus 86 from ang mo kio interchange. :)

Venom81 said:
35 SCE boatman here. You ask the right guy about Jln Kayu. Its just outside my camp. You can take bus 103 from serangoon interchange or bus 86 from ang mo kio interchange. :)

35SCE still at Seletar?

the last time i ate at jln kayu, i found a wiry hair in the prata...
now i eat at upper thompson (next to the postal office)

birefringence said:
Hmm... Will try some day. Jalan Kayu ones have deteriorated, I think. Best to eat when they make on the spot.

Have you guys tested the ones at Suntec? Not bad I think. Long long queues of ppl :bsmilie:

next time, tell me, i make for u, u wan hw crispy also can.... but u muz pay me $25 per piece.... hahahaha......special order...

Jalan kayu one can try, but dun order so much... hmmm.... another photoshoot idea..!!

Roti Prata Singapore Shoot !!
- shoots the best roti pratas in singapore and foodie comments and reviews.
- experience the best roti-pratas in singapore.
- shoot and tour the shops well known for their pratas.

hhhhahahaha

I think Jln Kayu Prata is so-so, and very small. Thomson is abit too crispy, like biscuit.
Try Simpang Bedok, beside the shell station or opt the road, next to "Shop and Save". All are not bad.

lightchaser said:
I think Jln Kayu Prata is so-so, and very small. Thomson is abit too crispy, like biscuit.
Try Simpang Bedok, beside the shell station or opt the road, next to "Shop and Save". All are not bad.

Just had prata at the place beside the Shell station.. It's so-so only.. ;p

yanyewkay said:
it was and will still be for some time to come.

gee, then what happen to the place opposite ARMCEG?

Neo Tiew Village has been converted for use by the Men in Green ;)

as for the pratas, i wouldn't bother dropping by unless i happen to be cycling by. $1.50 for one teh peng? really expensive for a tea-coloured drink with faint taste.

Casuarina drive prata still bestest for prata shops...

However, its true that nothing beats back home in M'sia

BUT here's prolly one of DA crispiest prata u can get.

Go get those frozen pratas.... they really :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: !!!!

Freaking crispy! DIY ;)

good luck, hope no gas explosion or something :sticktong

too crispy is no fun. one still want to be able to tear it apart with a little resistance.

i usually order with no added oil on them and loved the fish curry to go with it.

true lar...but depends on skill of cooking mar :p

hmmm this topic is making me hungry :S

BTW, any place that has really good chapati?

plsoong said:
hmmm this topic is making me hungry :S

BTW, any place that has really good chapati?

prata thread... chapti is nono~~

lol..... opps forgot about the makan sutra..

mervlam said:
35SCE still at Seletar?

Yes, its still there. Only the coast guards in 35 SCE move away liao. :)

first to answer your question, if you are driving u can go by TPE and exit at Jalan Kayu exit and then drive down the slope, nearing the bottom, there are 2 stalls side by side. I normally go to the "lowest stall"...From what i heard from friends that stays at Pasir Ris and go there often for supper, the 3 stalls stalls there, one is good for the prata, another for its Teh Alia and the other for its curry.

For me the standard of the prata there has dropped, the only reason that i sometimes still go there is that i passed by or at the middle of night when we looking for food :)

Warning: when you go there, if they ask you what curry you want to go with your prata, dun say you want mutton or fish or chicken unless you really want to eat rendang or chicken or fish. It happened to me and my friends, when they asked we answered we want chicken and mutton curry, and the chicken curry came with a chicken drumstick costing $3, and the mutton curry can with rendang costing $6... (lucky we did not ask for fish curry too:sweat:) so now we normally just say give us PLAIN chicken curry or mutton curry etc...

and lastly Prata back home in Malaysia is better :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.