Where is cheap to get Windows XP Home/Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
no ah... u can still install on another system wat...

Only have one license, tt time my system crash and try to reinstall, use the same password, but say exceeded the license

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
no ah... u can still install on another system wat...

Only have one license, tt time my system crash and try to reinstall, use the same password, but say exceeded the license

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
strange, i haven kena b4...

I think in that case... chiong type better.. no limit:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Sjourn said:

Me also never kena this before. I re-install my OS abt every 6mth to 9mth. Only asked to verify license with MS. I usually use the Phone activation. That's all.

My notebook installed with Windows XP Home, how do i upgrade it to XP Pro and how muchie huh???

TIA!!!

:cheers:

kktan said:
My notebook installed with Windows XP Home, how do i upgrade it to XP Pro and how muchie huh???

TIA!!!

i believe u gotta buy the Pro version & re-install from the start.

evq said:
i believe u gotta buy the Pro version & re-install from the start.

Hi evq,

Thanks for your reply. :)

Like dat very ex leh :sweatsm: .

My notebook is IBM (new - Singtel BB promo), anyone know if i can i bring it back to IBM/Funan/SLS to upgrade it to a XP Pro version at a lower price??? :think:

kktan said:
Hi evq,

Thanks for your reply. :)

Like dat very ex leh :sweatsm: .

My notebook is IBM (new - Singtel BB promo), anyone know if i can i bring it back to IBM/Funan/SLS to upgrade it to a XP Pro version at a lower price??? :think:

U are welcome.

Usually u upgrade at the point of sale.
Cos most lappy are pre-installed with either Home of Pro version. & of cos priced differently.

As for going down to SL/Funan to upgrade, very unlikely the shop is going to do it. THink of it, they can't use ur Home version. Why would they wan to give u a discount rite? I may be wrong, u can still try.
U can also call IBM to check with them 1st, again chances are slim.

Btw, a friend interest in the Singnet BB promo. What is the deal? How much per mth, speed of the BB, contact length & Spec of the lappy? Care to share? Thanks.

evq said:
U are welcome.

Usually u upgrade at the point of sale.
Cos most lappy are pre-installed with either Home of Pro version. & of cos priced differently.

As for going down to SL/Funan to upgrade, very unlikely the shop is going to do it. THink of it, they can't use ur Home version. Why would they wan to give u a discount rite? I may be wrong, u can still try.
U can also call IBM to check with them 1st, again chances are slim.

Btw, a friend interest in the Singnet BB promo. What is the deal? How much per mth, speed of the BB, contact length & Spec of the lappy? Care to share? Thanks.

Hi evq,

:cry: , i think i will try with IBM first. If cannot, then maybe buy the XP Pro oem version from Funan/SLS.

I signup for the Singnet BB promo at the recent Sitex (no need to pay the S$42 registration fees :p, 36 months contract). The IBM notebook promo is still on going but no ideal if you can still upgrade the notebook to a T43 series which i did at S$539. You can find the details at http://www.singnet.com.sg/promotions/index.asp

evq said:
Box at $100?? Likely this is the upgrade version?

Retail box version. Not upgrade version.

I had transfer from old pc to new pc and still using. in total i had already re-activate about 4 times.

dominator said:

I had transfer from old pc to new pc and still using. in total i had already re-activate about 4 times.

Where did you buy it at that price? Care to share? I'm looking for XP Pro also.

evq said:
Me also never kena this before. I re-install my OS abt every 6mth to 9mth. Only asked to verify license with MS. I usually use the Phone activation. That's all.
Yeap. The main incovenience is you have to keep calling them to give you a new activation code everytime you have to reinstall your OS. Other then that there isnt a single difference with the full retail version.

dominator said:

Serious??? So cheap? Where u got it?

For microsoft OS, Xp home/pro.
Diff for box/oem(shrink wrap packing) got difference.(enquire from shop/ms hotline)
BOX can install to any system whenever u like,activation/verification is required.
Eg.this yr, buy new PC. with Box XP. next yr upgrade hardware eg. mainboard, can reinstall back.

OEM(shrink package) limited to one system. once install on the system with the activation. The license can only be use on the system that had been activated only.

I got mine 2nd hand from HWZ.

No problem with 2ndhand if you got the whole retail box and original cd with you even if the previous owner had registered it. The owner of the box is the original :D

dominator said:
I got mine 2nd hand from HWZ.

No problem with 2ndhand if you got the whole retail box and original cd with you even if the previous owner had registered it. The owner of the box is the original :D

OIC.
I was once tricked $100 for a 2nd hand OEM version. can't work. Called MS, told me to look for the seller. Can't get the seller.:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.