Where can I still buy Nikkor 35mm f1.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ettk75

Nov 30, 2008
Sengkang
Hi all,
I have come to know that Nikkor 35mm f1.8 is out of stock in many camera shops. Wonder who know where can still buy this lens?

Need your advice. Thx.

technically you can get it from most camera shops

however stocks may be low, may have to wait

you make it sound as though it's discontinued

eh spolit how go back there repair?

Hi all,
I have come to know that Nikkor 35mm f1.8 is out of stock in many camera shops. Wonder who know where can still buy this lens?

Need your advice. Thx.

Try Lord's Camera in Lucky Plaza, sometime by chance they've stock. Just give them a call and check it out.

I'm sure there will be plenty in the B&S section =)

Cathay Photo Peninsula has it in stock

why is this lens so hot btw??, what is so special ah?

why is this lens so hot btw??, what is so special ah?
cos its the "normal" lens (ie 50mm in terms of 35mm film) for DX dSLR bodies + it can AF on D40/40x/60/5000

I like the focal length as well as the large aperture of this lens.
MS & CP got limited stock. Visited TCW just now, saw that they have stocked up about 10+.
Their price also quite reasonable.

Will get one soon :D:D:D

oh, cheapest AFS prime huh, cause i got the 50mm..but i know that isn't AFS..i see, the conversion actually makes it the 50mm on film format..and here i thought i was using a 50mm prime..haha. thanks for the info!

oh, cheapest AFS prime huh, cause i got the 50mm..but i know that isn't AFS..i see, the conversion actually makes it the 50mm on film format..and here i thought i was using a 50mm prime..haha. thanks for the info!

you are using a 50mm prime. your af is an fx lens, which will be 50mm on a full frame 35mm camera. the nikkor 35mm af-s is a dx lens (hence the cheap pricetag). its 52.5mm in 35mm film equivalent when used on a crop sensor, but it will vignette on full frame 35mm cameras.

you are using a 50mm prime. your af is an fx lens, which will be 50mm on a full frame 35mm camera. the nikkor 35mm af-s is a dx lens (hence the cheap pricetag). its 52.5mm in 35mm film equivalent when used on a crop sensor, but it will vignette on full frame 35mm cameras.

yeah yeah. vignetting when you use dx lenses on fx cameras. but my camera is dx what..D90!

yeah yeah. vignetting when you use dx lenses on fx cameras. but my camera is dx what..D90!

If you have a DX body, 35mm prime will be a better choice. More versatile.

with the exchange rate for RM is around 2.45 I thing is worth to make a trip to JB to get it.

I got mine from JB, back then the exchange is 2.4

hmmm, but 35mm is like a lot more ex than the 50mm lor..haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.