Where can i buy ink for my Pixma 9500 mk ii?

smalltalker

Apr 23, 2010
Any retailers u can recommend?

Go to funan, take your pick... then there's challenger, harvey norman, etc etc etc...

Get away from your PC, try exploring the outdoors a bit more.

If you've bought Canon ink a couple of times, you'll figure out the local pricing for canon ink follows RRP pretty strictly, pretty much all the shops are the same. I usually get mine from Popular, outlets everywhere.
Canon booth at IT fairs offers some 'packages' sometimes for small savings.

If you really wanna save might wanna consider ordering from US. Ideal if you have already friends/family based there who can help you bring back, and if you don't need it urgently.
Or if you do a bulk purchase, might be worth it to go the courier-forwarding route. Vpost, CGW, etc. in order to share the shipping cost.

Each PGI-9 cartridge averages about S$16 (US$13), the 10 cartridge pack is about S$150 (US$120).
Locally each cartridge is about S$25?

Rashkae said:
Go to funan, take your pick... then there's challenger, harvey norman, etc etc etc...

Get away from your PC, try exploring the outdoors a bit more.

For your info, there isn't stock in ANY of your retailer recommendations in Funan. I was asking because I'm not from Singapore and Im here visiting.

You on the other hand, should maybe take a bit more time before contributing an answer to a forum that seeks to help others. And I did get away from my PC and came to Singapore and looked for ink.

kandinsky said:
If you've bought Canon ink a couple of times, you'll figure out the local pricing for canon ink follows RRP pretty strictly, pretty much all the shops are the same. I usually get mine from Popular, outlets everywhere.
Canon booth at IT fairs offers some 'packages' sometimes for small savings.

If you really wanna save might wanna consider ordering from US. Ideal if you have already friends/family based there who can help you bring back, and if you don't need it urgently.
Or if you do a bulk purchase, might be worth it to go the courier-forwarding route. Vpost, CGW, etc. in order to share the shipping cost.

Each PGI-9 cartridge averages about S$16 (US$13), the 10 cartridge pack is about S$150 (US$120).
Locally each cartridge is about S$25?

Thanks for the tip I think I'll do this next time around. I was able to get at 23.5 SGD. The price is pretty close with prices within neighboring countries. If I find a way to get from the US ill update you guys :)

For your info, there isn't stock in ANY of your retailer recommendations in Funan. I was asking because I'm not from Singapore and Im here visiting.

You on the other hand, should maybe take a bit more time before contributing an answer to a forum that seeks to help others. And I did get away from my PC and came to Singapore and looked for ink.

So, you went to funan and went to the Canon printer booth? Challenger on the top floor, etc?

Please, have a look at your initial posting and check for yourself how much details you have provided about a) where you are from; b) which shops you have checked (and the results); c) other things you have done so far .. so that people reading your posting would be able to provide helpful answers.
With such a generic question that you have posted you should not complain when people send you down the standard path of checking the usual shops.

Any retailers u can recommend?

In my limited experience, South Asia @Funan almost always has the slightly more esoteric Canon consumables (e.g. ink for the 9500Mk2 $23.50 / pc IIRC, A3+ Canon Luster, Platinum Pro, Photo rag, etc.), Cathay across the street in Pen Plaza should also have it.

Might be a bit uncommon for most Courts/Challenger/Best Denki stores to have the ink since they don't even keep stock of Pixma Pro printers to sell. To be sure, give Canon Harbourfront a call to ask which retailers have stock. Not to fret, compared to WFTs, LPE4ns, NB-CP2Ls, 9500Mk2 ink cartridges are relatively common.

In my limited experience, South Asia @Funan almost always has the slightly more esoteric Canon consumables (e.g. ink for the 9500Mk2 $23.50 / pc IIRC, A3+ Canon Luster, Platinum Pro, Photo rag, etc.), Cathay across the street in Pen Plaza should also have it.

Might be a bit uncommon for most Courts/Challenger/Best Denki stores to have the ink since they don't even keep stock of Pixma Pro printers to sell. To be sure, give Canon Harbourfront a call to ask which retailers have stock. Not to fret, compared to WFTs, LPE4ns, NB-CP2Ls, 9500Mk2 ink cartridges are relatively common.

Thanks a lot. I did pass by Cathay and found that they had it in stock but by then I had already found store (you guessed it, South Asia) and purchased there. But this is helpful, the guy over at Cathay was also giving a pretty decent price on the consumables. I was able to buy my photo paper supplies over there this evening before heading out to the airport. And I do agree that the Challenger / Harvey Norman types don't usually carry the Canon Pro Printer consumables since I don't think they sell the printer units.

Please, have a look at your initial posting and check for yourself how much details you have provided about a) where you are from; b) which shops you have checked (and the results); c) other things you have done so far .. so that people reading your posting would be able to provide helpful answers.
With such a generic question that you have posted you should not complain when people send you down the standard path of checking the usual shops.

So any suggestions on where to buy printer ink? :)

Ah, so you DID go to Funan and found the ink. FYI, I never said that you should ONLY go to challenger and harvey norman. Try to brush up a bit on reading comprehension, there is a clear separation between the shops in funan and the megastores. You should maybe take a bit more time to read and try to comprehend what is being told to you before arrogantly slamming people that told you where to look.

Last edited:
Rashkae said:
Ah, so you DID go to Funan and found the ink. FYI, I never said that you should ONLY go to challenger and harvey norman. Try to brush up a bit on reading comprehension, there is a clear separation between the shops in funan and the megastores. You should maybe take a bit more time to read and try to comprehend what is being told to you before arrogantly slamming people that told you where to look.

You have a point. I suppose I was reacting to what I thought was a smart alec remark about leaving the pc and seeing the outdoors. Maybe that's how you really speak judging by your posts in other threads. So if we both aren't contributing to this threat with this spat, I move to stop pursuing this argument and talk about printers and ink.

Weird, I bought Pixma Pro cartridges from Challenger at the start of last year.