what's big fuss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the same as our eternal quest to find a real merlion to realize our national dream. :)

Found it... long long time ago.

Lionhead goldfish.

ranchu.jpg

Actually one of the most contentious issues regarding the Yasakuni Shrine are/is that in most of the exhibits glorify and justified Japan WWII aggression which of course led to the deaths and suffering of miilions across Asia.
The most famous one being that Japan was only liberating Asia from the shackles of it's colonial masters.
I've been to the shrine 3 yrs ago.

Actually one of the most contentious issues regarding the Yasakuni Shrine are/is that in most of the exhibits glorify and justified Japan WWII aggression which of course led to the deaths and suffering of miilions across Asia.
The most famous one being that Japan was only liberating Asia from the shackles of it's colonial masters.

Just a question not link to this thread...

Are foreign tourist allowed into the Shrine ?? :think:

I would say this is very true indeed. Without them, LKY may not be able to reach his golden status (some say). The angmos would HV clinched on Singapore w/o letting go. Good point there. (Main sponsor, Nikon)

OMG!

I cannot believe I read all these from a forum by Singaporeans... And people who actually believes the twisted logic of the Japanese claiming that they liberate us from our colonial masters! OMG

How shameless and motherless, fatherless can that be! The westerners who colonize us are as evil as the Japanese that follows them, and that is the fact... but that doesn't means the Japanese liberate US. I seriously cannot believe what I am reading... It is one thing that people preached that we should forgive the sin of our enemy... and it is another to actually call them our fathers! Or has these actually greyed so much and clouded the judgement of people so much that it had actually been forgotten... and that from someone who claimed that he/she had lost family members to the Japanese and suddenly been so benevolent (and shameless) to said that those that kill his/her family members do not actually have a choice as they are under orders by the top...

That doesn't change a thing. If you are defending your country against invaders, then yes you are hero when you die... now you are the invader who enter other people's countries and killed their people there... and somehow this had been twisted into shameless excuses that they have no choice... again... OMG!

I will say no more here... since everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion... (however shameless that opinion is).

From now on... I will ignore this certain members... I feel ashame to be even be in the same area or country as he/she was in.

Last edited:
Their kharma are rolling, we just stfu,we better not to repeat ones wrong doing, cheers

The heaven are watching, why kaypoh

In war, innocent casualties are inevitable. How about those who suffered from the horror of the atomic bombs. Is it really true that the japs imperial army was so invincible that they hv to use such weapon that inflict more horror than MOAB? Or they hv other agendas?
Ww2 could be a blessing in disguise(to lky?) in that it helped us to detach from the oppression of the angmos. And we all benefited from wars too. A lot of useful technology eg radar, were invented.

I once hated the japs too. But after living in Japan for quite a while, my perspective changed.
The politicians from both sides are just playing emotional games. Naive people of their countries and others become their pawns.

You are right about the immense sufferings of the people of China. Since the beginning of their history, it has been the same because the country is not united & there is the never ceasing in-fighting & struggle for power.

But here, I wish to point out that what happened under MAO is a failed social experiment, of wrong judgements & decisions in their political & social development, NOT the invasion of other countries & the criminal acts of indiscrimate & uncontrolled torture & killings. In a small country, errors of judgement or decisions result in thousands of death, in a country as vast & populated as China, the result is millions of death. Just like in natural disasters of famine, flood, earthquakes etc. Same as for the history of so many big & powerful countries like the Soviet Union. Yes, the leaders are held accountable but they are not convicted war criminals.

A side note....Japan isn't the only nation doing it.

One of the most vocal Nation against Yasukuni War shrine knows alot about how to "White Wash Their Ugly Past" as you put it... and that Nation is... CHINA.

Anyone tried asking the Communist Party in China to account, explain or apologize for the madness during the years of Mao's Great_Leap_Forward (estimated death of 18-24 million)... or the more infamous Cultural_Revolution (estimated death of 30 million)....

Has the ruling party in China ever admitted and/or apologize for the action of Mao ?? I don't think so... instead, they build Mao a $100m Yuen, Golden Statue to mark his 120th Birthday....

http://news.sky.com/story/1182107/china-marks-maos-birth-with-10m-gold-statue

http://online.thatsmags.com/post/golden-mao-statue-revealed-in-shenzhen

IMHO... instead of using the Shrine visit to rise nationalism in China... it may be better for them to 'put their money where their mouth are'... and prove to the rest of the World that China isn't just the Pot, that call the Kettle... Black. :think:

Last edited:
This is even worse than war criminals. He is killing his own kind.

I am not talking about grandfather/grand uncle or some grandfather stories you heard based on the age gap. If your wife has been raped & cut up, your child thrown & stuck at the end of a bayonet, then perhaps you tell me another story....

Yes, we forgive but we never forget. In any case, what is there to forgive if the other party never ask for, cannot bring themselves to ask for forgiveness in the first place. Not only that, they keep doing things that show no true shame nor remorse but continue to antagonise you again & again, insulting the memories of your loved ones.

I dont HATE the Japanese, I love & appreciate their people, country, culture etc but this is a different matter.

for your info, my grandfather and his brother was shot dead in a firing squad by the japanese in malaya.

What has been done was by the older generations, and most probably those soldiers who shot them had no choice as they were under orders from the top.

We must learn to forgive.

Are you going to kill kei chan if she happens to pay respect to her ancestor who might happens to be one of those who commit the crime? LOL

Last edited:
This is even worse than war criminals. He is killing his own kind.

Agree...

What Mao did is worst... at least I can understand an outsider not giving a d*mn about my life... but if my so called, own people... its abit too much.

Personally... its no difference for me... like Kei and Ed has put it before me... all are only doing it for their own Political Agenda...

With Shinzo Abe, it is simply a redux of what happened before.

Such things are not over night. It is a slow creep.
China lost Sino-Japanese War of 1894-5; Japan annexed Taiwan. Japan annexed large parts of Manchuria in 1905 after Japan destroyed the Russian fleet in Tsushima. Japan annexed Korea as a colony in 1910. Basically Japan saw China, Korea, Taiwan, the whole South East Asia and even Australia as a source of raw materials and slave labour once conquered.

The whole thing was planned in great detail. With 1 big mistake. Japan needlessly attacked an inward looking passive America that actually did not want to get involved.
Japan's Dream of World Empire

[video=youtube;5IqA1UK39Hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IqA1UK39Hs[/video]

Last edited:
The attack on Pearl harbour was a fatal mistake though.

Such an irony.
Back then china was US's ally
Now, the other way round. LOL
See the way they play games? Behaving like just like kids!

Question....I'm still at work....what's the excuse the rest of you are NOT sleeping... :bsmilie:

The morale of the story?
N E V E R trust a word from a politician's mouth. It is all BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.