What's a good and reliable place to get mouldy lenses cleaned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkativeman

Oct 17, 2005
Singapore
Hi, I know next to nothing about cameras, but I am trying to pick up photography. So I hope you guys can help ;)

My dad's cameras have been sitting in the cabinet for too long and they are starting to grow mould! :eek:

There are 3 slrs, FE10, F90x and a Canon A1.

I went to a nearby photo developer and found out the nikon lens are mouldy. Where is a good , reliable and affordable place to clean the lenses? I only know in Peninsular Plaza, but there are a few workshops there if I am not wrong.

I am thinking of sending the 35 mm lens and a 70mm lens to clean. How much would it cost to clean and how long will it take. I am going for a trip soon and I hope to take some photos...

Your help is much appreciated!

Mould from lenses cannot be effectively removed.

Go get yourself some clean lenses. Meanwhile you can still use these lenses for "special effects".

student said:
Mould from lenses cannot be effectively removed.

Go get yourself some clean lenses. Meanwhile you can still use these lenses for "special effects".

yah.... i realised that my old nikon manual lenses with mould on them can throw away liao... because the coating on the lens has been 'eaten' up by the mould. even after cleaning, one won't get back the optical performance. :cry:

Moved to a more appropriate location

Ian
Nikon Forum Moderator

Status
Not open for further replies.