What You Want For Your Next Generation Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafael

Deregistered
Jul 5, 2007
What I want for the next generation personal computer is not faster CPU, or more secured operating system or small form factor.

What I want for my next generation PC or notebook is to be able to boot up within 3-5 seconds flat and start typing.

Sometime after I switched off the computer, and later found that I forgot something that need to complete, but thinking got to wait for 45 seconds to more than 1 minute to boot up the computer completely stops me from doing so.

What I want for the next generation personal computer is not faster CPU, or more secured operating system or small form factor.

What I want for my next generation PC or notebook is to be able to boot up within 3-5 seconds flat and start typing.

Sometime after I switched off the computer, and later found that I forgot something that need to complete, but thinking got to wait for 45 seconds to more than 1 minute to boot up the computer completely stops me from doing so.

boot up is depends on how much things are loaded on the startup and the OS you use.

if you have no misc hardware, software to boot on startup, your boot up time can be faster.

the fastest boot up i've seen will be one using a non-gui linux... even with gui, most linux boot up significantly faster, new installation to new installation vs windows.

*p.s. faster processor dun speed up your boot up process, almost negligible differences, unless you are using a Pentium 2 - 300mhz, vs a C2Extreme 3.2ghz.

most likely you can try cleaning your registry to see if there is any unused stuff still lingering in the startup.

Don't shutdown. Use hibernate.

Could be possible, I read a news story the other day where they are testing a new type of transistor(?) or something like that which will act as RAM but be able to remember information without power, so startup could almost be instantaneous.

Will try and find the news story now.

"The memristors are so called because they have the ability to "remember" the amount of charge that has flowed through them after the power has been switched off.

This could allow researchers to build new kinds of computer memory that would would not require powering up.

Today, most PCs use dynamic random access memory (DRAM) which loses data when the power is turned off.

But a computer built with memristors could allow PCs that start up instantly, laptops that retain sessions after the battery dies, or mobile phones that can last for weeks without needing a charge.

"If you turn on your computer it will come up instantly where it was when you turned it off," Professor Williams told Reuters.

"That is a very interesting potential application, and one that is very realistic."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/7377063.stm

Be embeded in me. Use my power, do all the thinking for me, make money for me e.g. buy and sell the best stock/share, keep me healthy by prompting me on my health status and if possible activate my inmuse system.

Please continue to add..............

Last but not least, switch me off when it is time for me to go painlessly and without worrying my next generation!

Be embeded in me. Use my power, do all the thinking for me, make money for me e.g. buy and sell the best stock/share, keep me healthy by prompting me on my health status and if possible activate my inmuse system.

Please continue to add..............

Last but not least, switch me off when it is time for me to go painlessly and without worrying my next generation!

I want an XMM coming out of my next generation computer.

And she charges nothing to pose.

2476507942_6501bfe5f4_o.jpg

It's here:

http://www.splashtop.com/index.php

Alternatively, there's always DOS...

Next gen computer? I actually want the damned thing to work without the problems of all the software patches, bugs, and whatnot. Apparently that is too much to ask for....

Next gen computer? I actually want the damned thing to work without the problems of all the software patches, bugs, and whatnot. Apparently that is too much to ask for....
That's not a computer issue. That's a software issue. :D

Even the boot up speed is a software issue. :p

:Later,

A solar powered laptop with the back-up battery lasting at least 12 hours of continued use :cool:

That's not a computer issue. That's a software issue. :D

Even the boot up speed is a software issue. :p

:Later,

You're right.. come to think of it, computers without ANYTHING installed (blank hard disks) very seldom give trouble :p

Pity the computer won't work without software ;)

Migration of computer OS to SSD !

I got an eee PC recently. With a clean installation on just a Celeron 900 processor, i booted up Office 2007 and my pdf files within less than 2 seconds!

Wa if ur computer malfunctions then how. But then again u will probably not know also.

Ryan

Don't shutdown. Use hibernate.

true! true! I always let my Macbook Pro sleeps. when up is very fast, less than 2-3s.

even boot up is fast, my Mac Pro boots up in around 40-45s.

Status
Not open for further replies.