What too look out for in second hand lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptor84

Dec 6, 2005
Singapore
www.furry-photos.com
I was looking at some second hand lens in a shop today and was wondering what i sloud look out for when buying one. Besides obvious body damage or lens scratches? The lens i was lookning at was a canon EF 75-300 F4-5.6 USM II....

raptor84 said:
I was looking at some second hand lens in a shop today and was wondering what i sloud look out for when buying one. Besides obvious body damage or lens scratches? The lens i was lookning at was a canon EF 75-300 F4-5.6 USM II....
at TCW i believe....best is to get another friend to accompany you, who has the same lens..and use images frm the two lenses to compare...then check focussing, back focussing, front focussing...lens coating..fungus...

Hmm but i buying for flim slr :D hard to test on the spot. I will see if anyone with a canon Dslr willing to follow me :D Thanks for the adnice though..

raptor84 said:
Hmm but i buying for flim slr :D hard to test on the spot. I will see if anyone with a canon Dslr willing to follow me :D Thanks for the adnice though..

Borrow from the shop or friend...;)

+evenstar said:
Any fungus, focusing works well. bring a laptop along with you and test the lens on the spot..
Also remember to check for hairline cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.