What things to provide as a wedding photo package?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raid

Aug 25, 2003
Choa Chu Kang
Hi,

I'm going into wedding photography and I need to know what kinda package should I provide the couple?

I am currently providing my service free to them as I'm building up my portfolio.

I plan to:

1) Return them all the raw image files onto a CD (with customised cd label)
2) Host their photos on my site as part of my portfolio (this will allow their family and friends to view their photos online too).
3) ... ? ...

What else should I provide for them? :dunno: I will perform image touch up on photos (e.g. cropping, removal of blemishes, etc) that I deem necessary and will return these edited photos to them too.. But should I allow the couple to select photos they wan edited, etc... I'll not be doing any printing for them, but can assist in sending the photos for development.

Regards.

"2) Host their photos on my site as part of my portfolio"

Provided the couples don't mind.... Dun forget that you are charging them for the service, and after they have PAID for the photos, the rights should belong to them already.... (My opinion, no offence)

ShawnQuah said:
"2) Host their photos on my site as part of my portfolio"

Provided the couples don't mind.... Dun forget that you are charging them for the service, and after they have PAID for the photos, the rights should belong to them already.... (My opinion, no offence)

I will be charging them FREE. Anyway, I will of course make it clear that I will have the right to use those photos for my site, etc... :)

Have you covered an actual wedding before? If not, I suggest you follow a pro around to shoot if you want to build up your portfolio for actual day wedding. It is to take the pressure off so that you can experiment with your portfolio, as well as assure the couple that their photos are in good hands of the pros and shots won't be 'missed'.

There have been some instances in which people offered to provide 'free' services and after the event, turned around and came out with some fees for the 'release' of the photos. Couples are wary of these nowadays. No offence intended, just want to share with you why some couples are not comfortable with people who shoots for free, especially if you don't know them. (Of course if they're your friends, it's a plus)

Make sure you have a clear written agreement between you and the couple, especially with regards to using the use of the photos/ purposes. Yes, in Singapore, the person who squeeze the trigger has full rights to their photos, but as professionals, we do need to respect the privacy of the couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.