what storage to get for c5050z?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaGr

Apr 2, 2002
www.sc-speedracer.com
Hi guys i just bought a 2nd hand 5050 and found out that my 4gb microdrive cannot work with it. Seems like I have to invest in some CF cards. Which ones do you guys use with the camera?

Hi,

I am using a C5060, but I know people using C5050. They have no problems with CF cards 1 GB and lower.

When there is both XD and CF in the camera, how will it show up when connected to PC? Will it show 2 drives cos now I only have XD it only show 1 drive, or do I have to go somewhere to select CF cos it does not say so anywhere in the manual.

If you have both XD and CF in, it will show XD by default.

Just press the card selection button to CF before connecting the USB cable.

1 more thing. If you want to take pano shots, you have to invest in XD card. CF could not take pano shots unless you're using another stitching software.

You should be able to use CF, xd or SM cards. :)

When you want to transfer pics, just make sure that the card selected is the one you want.

Problem is when you want to switch card, you have to plug it out and change it then reconnect to com.

Think that it supports CF card up to 2Gb and current biggest xD is 512Mb.

Don't think it supports SD. It supports SM thou

Opps. Sorry for the wrong info :cry:

How much did you pay for your 2nd hand 5050. My friend has one and he wants to sell it to me and I am now considering. How much do you think is reasonable. About 1 year old but used a few times only.

Awaiting some tips from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Bee :)

_BEE_ said:
How much did you pay for your 2nd hand 5050. My friend has one and he wants to sell it to me and I am now considering. How much do you think is reasonable. About 1 year old but used a few times only.

Awaiting some tips from you guys.

Thanks in advance.

a search thru the buy / sell thread will tell you that a second hand C-5050 with no warranty left typically sells for $600-700 ;)

Thanks for the tip.

Cheerio,

Status
Not open for further replies.