What SD card class can keep up to speed for Pentax K-X

Learnphotography

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore
I have got a class 4 4gb but the continuous shooting is lagging and the recording can't keep up with the camera speed. what can i do to get rid of the lag?

Class 6 should be fine.

should be the buffer write speed to the card....thing is we dont know what the spec is.

safest bet is to get the fastest card possible if want to rule out the card being the source of the lag.

You might want to so see what kind of continuous shooting performance you can expect, before you decide that changing the SD card is definitely what you want to do.

DP Review didn't say what class SD card they used: http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/page13.asp, but DC Resource said they used at class 10 card, and didn't really squeeze many more shots out before the buffer filled: http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/pentax/kx-review/look-and-feel. For hard numbers like these, most review websites are probably reliable.

How does your current performance with the class 4 card compare to what's reported?

i'm currently using a SanDisk UltraII class 4 with Max Tranfer speed of 15MB/s 8GB, it's workinging perfectly with my K-x. i also tried some fast shooting and it doesn't give me any problem.

But i notice whenever i used the on camera filter function (such as Fisheye, retro, or others), it needs time to process the photo to save it in the memory card.

But still i haven't tried the video recording function, need to try before giving you any comment about it.

i'm currently using a SanDisk UltraII class 4 with Max Tranfer speed of 15MB/s 8GB, it's workinging perfectly with my K-x. i also tried some fast shooting and it doesn't give me any problem.

But i notice whenever i used the on camera filter function (such as Fisheye, retro, or others), it needs time to process the photo to save it in the memory card.

But still i haven't tried the video recording function, need to try before giving you any comment about it.

I use the same SD card. It is fast and does not give any problems. video recording works fine without jitters.

the filter cos the slow speed due to the cam need to process the pic...

i have a class 4 4GB and i using a class 10 8gb now...

i only use the class 4 card for the first few days... not really got compair them yet...:think:
but i get "KS" that y go for class 10...

SanDisk UltraII class 4

hmm i think thisis the cheapest card i can get. thanks

the filter cos the slow speed due to the cam need to process the pic...

i have a class 4 4GB and i using a class 10 8gb now...

i only use the class 4 card for the first few days... not really got compair them yet...:think:
but i get "KS" that y go for class 10...

hi sorry what is 'KS'.
the class 4 u mention is Ultra II?