What is considered "cheating" in photography?

imagine these.

XMM model: "can make me pretty pretty?"
Photographer: "No, I don't do cheating"

Chio model: "can make me one size bigger?"

XMM model & Chio model: "then you learn portrait photography for what? go and shoot funeral lar!"

imagine these.

XMM model & Chio model: "then you learn portrait photography for what? go and shoot funeral lar!"

:bsmilie:

so what will the photographer say aft that?

imagine these.

skarly he do bust enhancement for e chio and make-up for e XMM in photoshop den see.:bsmilie:

you take picture for the dead man in funeral, the family member will ask

"can use healing brush and hide the bullet wound on his forehead"?

and out of respect, you should do it.

Last edited:
imagine these.

wolf: "No, I don't do cheating, but i give you green tea. have you missed me?"

wolf: "No, I don't do cheating, but i give you green tea. dinner tonight? i bet you want me to kiss you."

corrected. :thumbsup:

what does green tea gotta do with XMM?

This AYC Nee has got a very " dry " mind, more like dealing too much with figures, everything has got to be properly balanced and no " cheating " allowed. :)

my point is whatever photography genre you are into it,
is all about expressing personal vision to your viewers,
even to photojournalist,

is your vision it is the only truth thing?

can you tell me are you telling the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth to all your viewers?

so if you only want to 100% no cheating, try apply a job as Forensic photographer

After watching Japanese film "Departures", I won't be surprised more makeup and touchup is made to dead people than live ones. :sweat:

In that case everybody have to shoot in JPG, coz anything in RAW is consider PP. :think:

shoot in JPG, camera processes it=pp (think this is why )
shoot in raw, then convert it directly to get soft image jpg:bsmilie:

my point is whatever photography genre you are into it,
is all about expressing personal vision to your viewers,
even to photojournalist,

is your vision it is the only truth thing?

can you tell me are you telling the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth to all your viewers?

I believe R32 pointed out, the eyes sees but the camera cannot capture. So he PPs the picture until it looks like a scene of what he sees. Without PP, he cannot capture what he sees, so does that mean he has cheated?

what about prime lenses? bokeh cannot be seen by human eye... only achieved by lens.
Well, if u want to be SUPER LEGIT, buy the camera which speed grapher used, he use film, but he don't use batteries.

You mean your eyes can't see bokeh?

Cheating in my definition, grabbed other people's work, altered it and use it for their own gain. Many people in creative industry did this.

Kidding about bokeh, don't replace your eyeball with prime lens :)

You mean your eyes can't see bokeh?

Cheating in my definition, grabbed other people's work, altered it and use it for their own gain. Many people in creative industry did this.

Kidding about bokeh, don't replace your eyeball with prime lens :)

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Adding stuff (add smoke) that is not there or combining 2 or more pics is def cheating.

Remember a famous case where a NG(or is it Reuter?) photographer coming some pic to make it more sensational.

shoot in JPG, camera processes it=pp (think this is why )
shoot in raw, then convert it directly to get soft image jpg:bsmilie:
no... shoot in RAW and convert directly to a jpg without demosaicing the image... you'll get a mostly greenish image, and when you magnify it close, you can see the Bayer-filter mosaic pattern of the red, green, and blue in a

GB
RG

pattern...

imagine these.

If she asked you to make the bust bigger and the waist smaller, is it consider cheating?

What's with the funeral part? If XMM said that.. then "I will do yours for free."

Cheating in my definition, grabbed other people's work, altered it and use it for their own gain......

THAT IS THE CORE meaning

Everything else is GREY and your thread will not turn it into a clearly defined Black or White

Originally Posted by natasastra
Cheating in my definition, grabbed other people's work, altered it and use it for their own gain......

THAT IS THE CORE meaning

Everything else is GREY and your thread will not turn it into a clearly defined Black or White

That sound more like stealing.

i thought cheating is when you are having an affair?

like i said anything that is post processed is likely to fall under the category of "cheating".