what has happen to clubsnap

I miss the chatroom, so much rubbish was chatted on there it was hilarious.

CS is the only forum i hang out a lot in the past ...
A place where i learn alot about photography from the juniors, seniors and moderators etc ... Those were the times when whatever question we threw as a newbie will be able to have answers from the friendly community here ...

It is Till one fine day when i saw a newbie ask questions the first respond i saw on the newbie got was to ask him to go Google first then can't find then ask ... and i observe another same respond to another n another ... i decide to try out as well and true enough was shot back to go Google ... even saw a 'senior' got shot at ... was thinking being a 'senior' here in the forum that doesn't mean he knows everything like can't ask questions but he just got slam at ... from then on i was thinking what happen to the old and friendly community? Isn't forum about communicating be it comments critics agreement disagreement or arguments ... Thats where i choose to become a browser and chat in my only thread in Kopitiam ...

i would like to thanks really thank all who let me learn much through all your comment teachings n criticise ... Thank you all again!

If google is that great there won't be a fishing forum, bird-watching forum, tropical fish forum, macro photography forum etc. etc.

Google can't save your soul, can't stop the devil from tempting you, can't stop you from becoming a sinner, can't save you from self-destruction and the delusion that you can fly etc. etc.

But many wise people here in Kopitiam are gifted with the power of enlightenment and the ability to show you The Path. Be thankful to them for The Light. :)

Last edited:
To be fair, facebook groups exhibit such erm pattern a lot. Seen my fair share of photos which gets a lot of likes like in the hundreds, then a similar photo by someone lower profile but technically better, garnering less likes. Then they will go wah wah wah wah wah, or un un un un un believable or all kinds of childish rubbish like GGGGGGGGM or MASTER SIFU pls teach me to be like you. To be honest, it becomes quite retarded.
That's the Internet for you.. And to a certain extent, life. Facebook like, Instagram hearts.. Join us and chase things together as a group or fall.

Fact is, it's not really about the quality of photos these days, but what deal the guy can bring you, what info he can feed you, what cool places he can get you access to. Clubsnap had plenty of opportunity to do such things but I guess that wasn't a priority. So FB and IG are better platforms for that sort of thing, people go there.

Well, some of the guys posting here know why I post more in B&S these days. ;)

Last edited:
Something I have seen on other forums maybe what happens is when you have been around a forum for a long long time and have heard the same old question 5 thousands times you get a little irritable, cross, and short (which imo is wrong and should be corrected). You say google it.

CS has the Newbies category which probably catches a bunch of those questions and I think that is pretty smart to sort of direct those basic heard it 5K times questions there. Old timers must remember to be patient, calm, and fair to Newbies...they don't know any better they are just wanting to talk camera.

So I would argue CS hasn't changed much at all really...but it's membership does...it is just an internet forum don't let it own you...you own it!

Last edited:
Something I have seen on other forums maybe what happens is when you have been around a forum for a long long time and have heard the same old question 5 thousands times you get a little irritable, cross, and short (which imo is wrong and should be corrected). You say google it.

CS has the Newbies category which probably catches a bunch of those questions and I think that is pretty smart to sort of direct those basic heard it 5K times questions there. Old timers must remember to be patient, calm, and fair to Newbies...they don't know any better they are just wanting to talk camera.

So I would argue CS hasn't changed much at all really...but it's membership does...it is just an internet forum don't let it own you...you own it!

they can shut their big mouths and don't type like they are doing clubsnap a favour by asking people to go to other websites for help. If they cannot offer any suggestion than "go google it" they are no better than numskulls.

they can shut their big mouths and don't type like they are doing clubsnap a favour by asking people to go to other websites for help. If they cannot offer any suggestion than "go google it" they are no better than numskulls.

Those who embrace google religiously will be disappointed when they enter the gate of hell.

There is not going to be google except darkness, dampness and the smell of decay there.

underworld-riselycans-poster-tsrimg.jpg

Last edited:
Those who embrace google religiously will be disappointed when they enter the gate of hell.

There is not going to be google except darkness, dampness and the smell of decay there.

underworld-riselycans-poster-tsrimg.jpg

Sitting there alongside his friends FB, Twitter, and the Woz... :bsmilie:

As an advertiser.... i hope more will come and stay..

btw "Most users ever online was 11,305, 1st February 2013 at 03:12 AM." that is not that long ago i think..

Photography was all fun till I took it up as full time job, no time to post hobby shoot. lol!

I don't think there's so many human looking at the site. Page hits didn't mean anything.

There is never less than 10-20 registered users looking at this board even in the wee hours of the morning SG time.

I had problem accessing CS few days ago.. does that mean traffic still high?

There is never less than 10-20 registered users looking at this board even in the wee hours of the morning SG time.

I had problem accessing CS few days ago.. does that mean traffic still high?

I find 3 or 4 am traffic is exceptionally high maybe because of cyber activity from the other world.

Please refuse to accept any "model" offering to pose for you in a graveyard or haunted house at that time of the night.

Last edited:
CS is the only forum i hang out a lot in the past ...
A place where i learn alot about photography from the juniors, seniors and moderators etc ... Those were the times when whatever question we threw as a newbie will be able to have answers from the friendly community here ...

It is Till one fine day when i saw a newbie ask questions the first respond i saw on the newbie got was to ask him to go Google first then can't find then ask ... and i observe another same respond to another n another ... i decide to try out as well and true enough was shot back to go Google ...

Very true indeed.

To ensure growth and continuity in a forum, taking in new members are essential, to retain and maintain the interest of existing members is another.

They are called newbies for a reason; they have the interest but limited knowledge. Telling people to "Go Goggle it" is turning them away from CS, ironic.

But many wise people here in Kopitiam are gifted with the power of enlightenment and the ability to show you The Path. Be thankful to them for The Light. :)

Dear Uncle Sion, you showed me The Light, now I am happily retired.

$Bxqoa-iIgAAwird.jpg