what has happen to clubsnap

I feel it is the members in here who make it come alive. I am a Pentaxian and proud of it. We also try to make that part of the forum alive by sharing ideas, thoughts and where to shoot monthly.

For CNY, we had a shoot at Chinatown on a Friday night and Thanks to Zaren, who promoted the thread, there were others who joined the outing who were from other groups too.

Let me promote March 2016's outing. Please look out for it in the Pentax thread.

any places are made up by people, if everyone are not will to lift a little finger and waiting something to happen, noting will happen.

and only how to make comments about it, that place will turn out to be as the way he think about it.

Isn't that how we learn to be better?

I for one benefited from posting photos with constructive comments but still get weird comments too which can be ignored.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

No words can say more about CS than 玉置浩二's 行かないで (Don't leave me).

He performed in Hong Kong last year.

"像花雖未紅
行かないで...."

[video=youtube;Sq9kzilICos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9kzilICos[/video]

No words can say more about CS than 玉置浩二's 行かないで (Don't leave me).

He performed in Hong Kong last year.

"像花雖未紅
行かないで...."

[video=youtube;Sq9kzilICos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq9kzilICos[/video]

Don't understand Japanese, but the mood is there. We should make CS a better place.

3 obvious and frequent observations

When a newcomer to clubsnap start a new thread: The old birds will say "This issue has already been discussed to death, did you use the search function of the forum?"

When a person post a question: The old birds will say "Do you expect us to spoonfeed you? Google and you will easily get the answer!"

When a newcomer post a picture for critique: The old birds will say "Dude, did you read the guidelines, you can only post 1 picture. Dude, your picture sux, hand chop half, head chop half, might as well junk the picture away."

Will the person/newcomer feel welcomed? Or will the person/newcomer leave for good?

i would strongly agree on this. when there's no queries, there's no reply and thus no activity. I've been a silent reader for quite some time... there would be times when I have typed some comments or reply but ended up not clicking the "post". mainly because i'm afraid to be trolled or perhaps questioned or perhaps a reply that could be sarcastic.

a forum is as good as the people in it. if the people in it are not welcoming, one post something negative and is backed by another old-timer--soon you'll find that noone bothers.

there's search button but not everyone is technically sound or IT savvy to use. the keywords might not match. perhaps the person who knows that it's there somewhere could share the link?

just my few cents

Hello long time never post. Just to drop in to say HI! :bsmilie:
Am I right to say I am the oldest since I joined CS in 2003?

there are some people join ClubSNAP in 2003 when they are 16 years old.

there are also some people join ClubSNAP in 2016 but at 66 years old...

so who is older?

and there are many members 40++ years old, but talk like a fourteen years old, I find the age thingy is so confusing.

3 obvious and frequent observations

When a newcomer to clubsnap start a new thread: The old birds will say "This issue has already been discussed to death, did you use the search function of the forum?"

When a person post a question: The old birds will say "Do you expect us to spoonfeed you? Google and you will easily get the answer!"

When a newcomer post a picture for critique: The old birds will say "Dude, did you read the guidelines, you can only post 1 picture. Dude, your picture sux, hand chop half, head chop half, might as well junk the picture away."

Will the person/newcomer feel welcomed? Or will the person/newcomer leave for good?

exactly, those sickening old birds and many of them just acted as pro.

I am mostly a silent reader too :)

I feel the forum is quieter but people are generally more friendly, which is not a bad thing.

I always look forward to the jokes thread and always get a good laugh.

I'm also a silent reader for the most part. There was a period of time indeed when threads weren't always friendly, and sometimes with an air of impatience (as someone posted about here too) when questions were asked. Now I think the atmosphere is all round better - IMO.

CS has never seemed brusque or hostile to me...and Mr. Google really is able to answer just about anything quickly and efficiently.

even with social media, i think the forum platform (such as clubsnap) is still very useful -- especially when somebody needs technical help and suggestions

but it does seem like the social media (fb and instagram) have much greater engagement rates than forums (i'm guessing it's coz of popularity of the mobile apps and people generally being more accustomed to "quick chats, comments and likes")

i've seen a few of the prominent people from clubsnap starting to use IG to showcase their photos as well

i have also been to a few instagram outings, and what's interesting is that the crowd isn't as young as most people think (the age range can be quite huge) and most of the people are also very eager to learn about photography, and instagram outings do offer a "friendly" interaction (meeting face-to-face) where many will form their small groups and go for frequent shoots together

in the instagram platform, there are several local (popular) "communities" > where monthly activities or daily "photo features" are done, to help everyone feel more "engaged" << some see this as a way of "gaining popularity or trying to be famous" but that's just a small group which will exist on all popular medium anyway, most of the people are just out to make friends and have fun

for e.g. the IG communities will partner with govt organisations, businesses, charity organisations to carry out events, and the community followers will be invited to participate or sometimes just to help take photos, and when kept within a non-profit agenda, i think it's a big win-win for everyone

hopefully, clubsnap will be able to transition into a similar community within FB and IG, and i'm quite sure it will garner strong support from the current users

the strength of this forum lies in the knowledge and experience of its members, i know that there's a lot of very helpful and knowledgeable members here, but i do feel that there's a lot of room to grow for clubsnap -- in terms of engaging its members and helping everyone to make friends, network, learn from one another

of course we can all use google / youtube / search function to get the answers we are looking for, but if the forum doesn't encourage interaction (queries & sharing) among users, it's just going to get quieter and quieter

Last edited: