What frog is this

Status
Not open for further replies.

poh6702

May 8, 2004
Hi,

My son caught this frog in the garden today, he wants to keep it, appreciate advice from forumer what frog is this and is it poisonous? By the way, he has been keeping a Bull frog for quite awhile, he knows how to look after frog. We don't know how this frog came into the garden. Interesting thing about this frog is that, it has long hands and the legs don't seems too developed like ordinary frogs, it is able to hold on to human hand in vertical position.

P1000173.jpg

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Hi,

My son caught this frog in the garden today, he wants to keep it, appreciate advice from forumer what frog is this and is it poisonous? By the way, he has been keeping a Bull frog for quite awhile, he knows how to look after frog. We don't know how this frog came into the garden. Interesting thing about this frog is that, it has long hands and the legs don't seems too developed like ordinary frogs, it is able to hold on to human hand in vertical position.

Sorry, I don't know the exact name.......But

According to my grandfather..... Anything with its back facing the sky....it is edible. :sweat:
So far, I haven't tried hunchback niah....... :sticktong

That looks more like a toad to me. Be careful as the slime on the skin of the toad is poisonous to some. Make sure you wash your hands after handling it. I wouldnt wanna touch it if I were you much less eat it! Frogs generally have smooth skin while toads have rough and ugly looking skin. By the way, first time I heard of someone hungry enough to eat toads.

Agree. Its a type of toad. maybe got some abino-type skin condition... Shape-wise, seen before when i stay in kampong when i was a boy.

No no no no:nono: , we are not going to eat it:sweat: , my son is going to keep it as pat. I am curious to know what is it? The skin is actually not rough, I thought it might be a tree frog? Therefore with the skin color that looks like tree butt.

This is a Banded Bullfrog (Kaloula pulchra). Mostly seen after downpour. Otherwise it stays well hidden. ;)

One of my favourite frogs when I was a kid. Just saw one at Botanic Gardens today. Makes distinctive calls. My grandparents used to call these "dee gu".:bsmilie:

Thanks, with the name of the frog known, my son can find it in the Internet.:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.