what do you wear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i live in the same weather as you bro!

take heart, as what i mean that we can dress more 'nicely' and a little more interesting to differ from others!

i work in the fashion industry with many people and all of as have a style of dressing per see. We compliment nice styles while we differ from each other.

You need not need to wear something outlandish, but just look around and widen your shopping belt! There are more shops to buy clothes from than where you normally do.

take heart and be creative! :)

patch17 said:
sigh... i wear a t-shirt cause it's hot, i wear bermudas cause it's hot, and i wear a floppy hat cause it's.... hot. (maybe it's because i shoot outdoors most of the time, that's why it's always hot.) practical and functional over style... :thumbsup:

Belle&Sebastain said:
i live in the same weather as you bro!

take heart, as what i mean that we can dress more 'nicely' and a little more interesting to differ from others!

i work in the fashion industry with many people and all of as have a style of dressing per see. We compliment nice styles while we differ from each other.

You need not need to wear something outlandish, but just look around and widen your shopping belt! There are more shops to buy clothes from than where you normally do.

take heart and be creative! :)

no offence taken. i'm an engineer by training and trade, i guess my brain's wired a bit to the practical side. :D

outdoors - berms and tee shirt
indoors for functions, trouser and shirt or polo t... depending on ocasion.

t-shirt, pants, shoes . slippers dont provide much support for your ankles. and poncho/raincoat in bag. one bag for equiptment, another much smaller bag for essentials eg (water bottle, handphone, wallet, map, ..)

Well to me it depends on the shoot.

If you are going to shoot someone's wedding in Ritz Calrton, I do not think you will be wearing bermudas and tees anymore. Something with collar shirt and a vest would be better.

If you are covering for an event like some ministers or the president, a formal wear is more suitable. Plus a camera vest.

If you are in a studio, well wear something comfortable. Doesn't really need to be black or other colours. Unless your clients are not comfortable with what you are wearing.

I think although we photographers prefer something comfortable, we need to keep a good image for ourselves as well. Nice and clean....

Well that's what I think anyway. Some photographers have different views.

tees, overshirt and berms or pants depending on occasion and weather. not to mention a nice can of cologne or deodorant when the weather is hot. a backup polo tee would be optional.

dress smart and shoot well :bsmilie:

Ok... I have to admit, i'm one of those boring dressers... T-****/sweat-sweat shirts, cargo pants (i stuff everything in them, even my flash) and boots during most of my shoots...

Ok, I wear that every day

... Hmmm... Guess i'm too used to my army uniform...

1. tee shirt and jeans.
2. tee shirt/blouse and skirt (most of the time).
3. on occasion long black dress (if I need to be formal).

no vest.

and always with nike running shoes and (now) crumpler backpack. :D

Question: what kind of photographer am I?

lauLEE said:
would you find it appropriate or more interesting if during your indoor bikini studio shoot, all the photogs wear swimming trunk only ... hehe
this may create more sparks and interaction with the model and the photog, thus maybe more creative results! ;)

wah...where do we put all the filters, spare batts, lens cap...no pockets leh... ;)

Usually on assignments, I wear cargo pants and a shirt that lets me fit into the surroundings.

For concerts, that will be black throughout with maybe just simple designs, just to prevent fellow photogs from walking on top of me.

For outdoor events, I will dress like what the crowd is wearing, so I wun stand out. The only thing that's out of the ordinary will be the lens pouches hanging off my Lowepro utility belt and the wrist band to help against those sore wrists from holding the camera for hours on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.