What do you do when it rains/drizzle?

Spinning98degrees

Sep 20, 2009
Do you keep your cam in your bag straight away or just keep on shooting? I wanna shoot but I'm afraid that my cam will get wet T.T Do give me your suggestions and tell me what's your way of working into this problem ^^

Put on a raincoat for your camera and yourself, and shoot the rain drops

Take out a towel to cover your lens and camera body. Then continue shooting ;) That's what I do.

Haiz... Your dSLR can take a drizzle lah... If there's really something worth shooting. If it's a massive downpour, then it's probably wiser to keep the camera.

i happened to shoot around orchard road area, and it started to rain.
but small drizzle first, i continue shooting, till the rain got bigger, so i ran to cover.
and shoot in shelter HAHA :D ~

Haiz... Your dSLR can take a drizzle lah... If there's really something worth shooting. If it's a massive downpour, then it's probably wiser to keep the camera.

No wiser words have been spoken :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i sound the alarm bells and then i cuddle my camera after wrapping it in 20 layers of oilskin to make sure that the water doesn't get to it.

after that i spend 20 minutes cursing and swearing at the sky for trying to take my baby away from me :angry:

I'll be .......................singing in the rain, just singing in the rain.................... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

I ...
wonder why i am so suay.....
that on my only free day of the week it ends up raining..... :bheart:

i ve shot in thunder storms before. about 4 or 5 times. but i use a d200(weather sealed) and mostly old manual lenses (well built). wasnt an issue exp one of the times i shot for about 30 min, then the vf fogged up a little. after a holiday in the dry cabinet it was fine.

:thumbsup:

Get a rain sleeve. The one from optech quite cheap.

I'll be .......................singing in the rain, just singing in the rain.................... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Haha. Me too. When it rain, I'll start dancing and jumping on puddles of water. :bsmilie: Of coz, I'll keep the camera in my bag.

i will take out my dive casing and put it on.

I will rush to the nearest shelter. I dont want to get myself wet.;p

personally id run to a shelter to hide haha

I will continue shooting, as long as i dont get drench. My D90 has been fully wet a few times and no problem there. I will hide it if it is raining heavily though, even weather proof is not same as water proof.

Few drops are OK but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
I put my camera on my bag and use the All Weather covers :cool:
I had a case when I was on the footpath, rain stopped alredi and one car splashed my gears :eek: I immediately cleaned with a towel and thank God!!

wow, thanks for the advices guys! Keep it going~ Hahaha guess I would need to be a towel wherever I go huh! :D

Do you keep your cam in your bag straight away or just keep on shooting? I wanna shoot but I'm afraid that my cam will get wet T.T Do give me your suggestions and tell me what's your way of working into this problem ^^

I don't like photos on rainy days.. :(
So start to keep my things and make my way home..