What do you do when it rains/drizzle?

Sep 20, 2009
Do you keep your cam in your bag straight away or just keep on shooting? I wanna shoot but I'm afraid that my cam will get wet T.T Do give me your suggestions and tell me what's your way of working into this problem ^^

gymak90

Jan 5, 2008
The Far North
Take out a towel to cover your lens and camera body. Then continue shooting ;) That's what I do.

Blur Shadow

Sep 17, 2005
Haiz... Your dSLR can take a drizzle lah... If there's really something worth shooting. If it's a massive downpour, then it's probably wiser to keep the camera.

axis90x

Feb 6, 2009
In your dreams
i happened to shoot around orchard road area, and it started to rain.
but small drizzle first, i continue shooting, till the rain got bigger, so i ran to cover.
and shoot in shelter HAHA :D ~

night86mare

Deregistered
Aug 25, 2006
www.pbase.com
i sound the alarm bells and then i cuddle my camera after wrapping it in 20 layers of oilskin to make sure that the water doesn't get to it.

after that i spend 20 minutes cursing and swearing at the sky for trying to take my baby away from me :angry:

madmartian

May 2, 2009
Outer Space
I'll be .......................singing in the rain, just singing in the rain.................... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Sep 8, 2009
Choa Chu Kang
I ...
wonder why i am so suay.....
that on my only free day of the week it ends up raining..... :bheart:

i ve shot in thunder storms before. about 4 or 5 times. but i use a d200(weather sealed) and mostly old manual lenses (well built). wasnt an issue exp one of the times i shot for about 30 min, then the vf fogged up a little. after a holiday in the dry cabinet it was fine.

Yangzw

Feb 21, 2009
Haiz... Your dSLR can take a drizzle lah... If there's really something worth shooting. If it's a massive downpour, then it's probably wiser to keep the camera.
:thumbsup:

Get a rain sleeve. The one from optech quite cheap.

Shahrie

Jan 1, 2010
Admiralty, SG
I'll be .......................singing in the rain, just singing in the rain.................... :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Haha. Me too. When it rain, I'll start dancing and jumping on puddles of water. :bsmilie: Of coz, I'll keep the camera in my bag.

pokiemon

Mar 5, 2005
i will take out my dive casing and put it on.

liveevil

Jan 10, 2006
I will rush to the nearest shelter. I dont want to get myself wet.;p

tetrflare

Apr 13, 2007
I will continue shooting, as long as i dont get drench. My D90 has been fully wet a few times and no problem there. I will hide it if it is raining heavily though, even weather proof is not same as water proof.

Jan 16, 2010
Singapore
Few drops are OK but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
I put my camera on my bag and use the All Weather covers :cool:
I had a case when I was on the footpath, rain stopped alredi and one car splashed my gears :eek: I immediately cleaned with a towel and thank God!!

Sep 20, 2009
wow, thanks for the advices guys! Keep it going~ Hahaha guess I would need to be a towel wherever I go huh! :D

Do you keep your cam in your bag straight away or just keep on shooting? I wanna shoot but I'm afraid that my cam will get wet T.T Do give me your suggestions and tell me what's your way of working into this problem ^^
I don't like photos on rainy days.. :(
So start to keep my things and make my way home..

Top Bottom