What are these strange lines in the skies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wunderkind

Mar 26, 2005
I am reposting this from a Critique Corner, since nobody answered this question hidden at the end of a long thread:

Anybody knows what are those lines in the skies that are clearly visible in a picture below?

I am not sure if the lines were in the skies during the sunset or if they are some kind of optical artifact. Thanks.

431376783_a6a7beb95f_o.jpg

The original image:

423943795_5bff04b304.jpg

HIee...

Not sure if you ae familiar with the term "Land of the Rising sun" the flag of the japanese ships that shows the sun rays which looks like this.

The lines you are seeing is the sun rays as it is blocked by some obstructing opaque or translucent objects like cloud mass peaks of hills or mountain. As the sun is low in the horizon with respect to where you are, these streks are often seen. The streak of light will be more if there are more variations on cloud/ obstruction edges.

Hope this helps.

shadows cast by clouds

Thanks to all. This was very informative and I've learned something new.

aircraft contrails?

definately alien beams

I am reposting this from a Critique Corner, since nobody answered this question hidden at the end of a long thread:

Anybody knows what are those lines in the skies that are clearly visible in a picture below?

I am not sure if the lines were in the skies during the sunset or if they are some kind of optical artifact. Thanks.

The original image:

423943795_5bff04b304.jpg

Thats my fart!!! :bsmilie: :bigeyes: :think:

The original image:

423943795_5bff04b304.jpg

Are you using SLR? Looks like strands of hair on your ccd? Not sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.