Wanting to upgrade didicam but dunno which one betta lei...ani suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.

doink24

Aug 14, 2003
Bt Batok
Hi asbove, i m now currently using nikon coolpix 3100.....but wanna upgrade say to a 5 megapixel cam..but also tinking of getting a DSLR...but mi now not so pro so dunno how lei?? ani suggestions frm u guys?? thankzzz

why do you need a 5 mega pixel camera?

and what are the limitation you face with your nikon 3100?

kindly share so that we know how to help you :)

I guess the Coolpix3100 has the problem of short battery life, slow auto focus and long shutter lag. If these are the problems u face, then get a newer digicam sure will make it better. If u got lotsa money and want to spend, then get a DSLR. After buying the DSLR u will also need to buy lenses, flash, etc.

I think the rest R correct. Why do U wanna upgrade? If U want to more serious in Photography then that's OK? Anyway at today's constant advancement in Technology. U might as well play for a 8 Megapix rather than just 5 as U would be faced with a dilema of wanting to upgrade in 1 or 2 years time.

If U thinking of serious phtography, go sign up for a course to get a better understanding of what U want, plenty of that on the forum site.

doink24 said:
Hi asbove, i m now currently using nikon coolpix 3100.....but wanna upgrade say to a 5 megapixel cam..but also tinking of getting a DSLR...but mi now not so pro so dunno how lei?? ani suggestions frm u guys?? thankzzz

You only mention the need for more megapixel.

So, my question is.
Do you think have MORE Megapixel will give u better picture?

If so, get a 8MP prosumer camera and gratz to u.
And skip the rest below....

A 3MP camera can easily produce prints up to A4 size or 8R.
With interpolation from the Shop, it can go beyond that but may suffer a quality loss.

I dont think u are likely to print 8R or Super 8R, a lot.

3MP is in fact good, since u save more $$ but not needed Bigger memory storage media.
a 256mb CF/SD will take a lot of pics on 3MP.

If its abt the shutter lag, autofocus speed, frankly a $1500+ prosumer digicam suffer from the same problems too. Maybe slightly better than a Coolpix 3100, but not by much.

Prosumers are great for begineers who wants more control over their camera and Prosumers camera tends to support external flashes, allowing the photographer to take shots beyond the 3m-4m built-in flash range in low light.

Prosumer camera are a "cheaper" alternative to the more expensive DSLR, providing a wide range (28-200, or 35-350) of focal length with good aperature values (2.8..etc) some comes with VR or IS, which you will not get in a DSLR, w/o paying $3000+ for that lens.

Status
Not open for further replies.