Want to buy new Dslr but don't know which one

Status
Not open for further replies.

znoyuk

Jan 2, 2010
Hi all
At the end on January I am planning to buy new dslr. The problem is that there is so many brands and models that i have no idea which one i should chooce. It is gonna to be my first dslr in my life and i want buy the best one for the cash i got. I want to buy one of those:
NIkon D3000
Olympus E-520
Canon 1000D
Sony Alpha A330L
NIkon D60
I want to do portrets and macro pictures. Please help me

All of these are good, and all of these brands have lensesfor macro and portraiture. You need to do this:

1. List down the pros and cons of each after your research. If live view is important to you, consider AF speed in live view, if it has a tilting LCD, etc.
2. Go to the shops and feel them in your hand. Nobody can tell you which feels the "best".

Portraits can be done with the kit lens, and macro shots can be done with macro lenses; the lens system that each brand has at least one macro lens, so that's not to worry.

Regards,
gibss.

Hi all
At the end on January I am planning to buy new dslr. The problem is that there is so many brands and models that i have no idea which one i should chooce. It is gonna to be my first dslr in my life and i want buy the best one for the cash i got. I want to buy one of those:
NIkon D3000
Olympus E-520
Canon 1000D
Sony Alpha A330L
NIkon D60

Hello Znoyuk...Welcome to ClubSNAP.

All are equally good. The specs are almost the same. What is different is the feel on your hands. Go down to a reputable shop to give it a try out without the obligation to buy. I would suggest John 3:16 at Funan which is famous for the customer service but the price is a bit expensive. Still just give it a test run and see which model you like better.

After you have made up your mind, go through a few shops and see which one give you the most for your money. Most cameras comes with freebies like SD Cards, pouch, batteries etc.

If after your research and you still can't make up your mind, you can pm me and we can go from there.

thanks guys, i prishiate your fast help :)

Welcome to CS :) Do your homework before you commit ;)

znoyuk said:
Hi all
NIkon D3000
Olympus E-520
Canon 1000D
Sony Alpha A330L
NIkon D60

Hi znoyuk...
Welcome to Clubsnap.
For your info, a thread like yours "what DSLR to get?" crops up pretty much everyday on the Newbies Corner. It helps to search around, else we become like broken tape recorders, keep on regurgitating the same thing.
One thing you forgot to highlight is your BUDGET.
The ability to take portraits (note the spelling) and macros is down to the lens, and not the camera body.

znoyuk said:
thanks guys, i prishiate your fast help :)

New word you invented there?

My opinion differs :p, looking at the specs is paper talk. Nothing much impressive as DSLR Technology has reach a level which all the cameras take pictures which is very similar. Talk about Image Quality goes down to Lens.

I recommend you to find out the below before making a decision
- ergonomics => you can change a lens as and when you want, but a body hmmm unless you are rich
- system => how expensive is adding up of new gears.
- camera processing => how does the camera in AF/AF works, type, picture rendering effect etc. These you cant see on paper talk need research thru google.

Comes down to buying, you need to know the difference of the cameras you wanna buy and see which are features which you can live without. That would be your ideal camera.

My budget is around 800$ and sorry for my english;p I-m learning this language 1st year:)

$800 is a bit on the low side.
Top up ~$150 and you can get a new Pentax Kx
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/pentaxkx/
all the features that you need beyond entry level for entry level price.

Otherwise look at BnS here for the brand that you want.

All the brands can take good pictures. Look also for value from the brand. Look at the features. Not all models give as much for the same price.

Ok so i'm looking for something up to 1000$ with kit

znoyuk said:
My budget is around 800$ and sorry for my english I-m learning this language 1st year
Ok you're forgiven! :)

znoyuk said:
Ok so i'm looking for something up to 1000$ with kit
If my memory serves me correct, the cheapest DSLR out there is the Sony Alpha A2xx (sorry, I forgot the model number suddenly), which goes for about $650 or thereabouts BRAND NEW.
The specifications of this camera, for this price, are pretty hard to beat.
I personally don't like the feel of the thing, but you need to judge for yourself.
There are a few cameras that are within the $800-1000 price bracket brand new.
If you are willing to go 2nd hand, the choices open up a fair bit.

See which brand gives u the most complete DSLR system
Coz next time u changed brand, it will cost u a bomb if u invest for a period of time

Status
Not open for further replies.