Wallet and Phone

sriharic

Jul 12, 2004
1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
- Composition and the antique effect I have tried to create

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
- Create a somewhat yellowish environment for an antique effect

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
- The photo was taken with a table lamp to create a bit of yellowishness. But still had to modify a bit in photoshop to create the effect I wanted. That was probably because I had the window open to get some natural light as well.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image.
- When I originally took the photo, I kept a few items in the back. But I realized that these items cluttered the background and took the attention away from the phone and wallet. I cropped the background from the picture but now I think the picture is somewhat uneven.

4928197028_98881b6f92_b.jpg

Last edited:
the 3 items although in the same image, together with the smudges on the tabletop look dislocated and unassociated

the slight light fall-off top left corner also kind of distracted/detracted from the image IMHO

rearrange the stuff and/or shoot from a different perspective ?

a blackberry bold 9700 is not exactly antique i guess. maybe 50 years later take out the picture probably antique.

its either you want antique style, them go find retro stuff to shoot, like a old telephony, put the calling card beside and some old and crumpled old sg $1 notes and some old coins maybe.

otherwise if shooting bb, make it as sleek as possible, get some black arcylic as bottom with the bb standing by itself, matching classy wallet and maybe a next gen thumbdrive or what. wahhh....

got more feel la lidat.

next time you wanna try something like that try to let it be natural...

the way you place the items like very "pose" for the camera very fake...

a suggestion is to throw them on the desk and see how they fall then arrange them together..

the ancient or antique feel isn't very strong.. maybe B&W and some grain would be another way to try..

i'm surprised. handphone is new o.o why is it vintage:p

Last edited:
i think that's not a blackberry bold 9700, it's a curve ba? haha im a newbie, not qualified to comment haha but maybe you can put those old old phone cards and some old keys or watches to make it more vintage? blackberry too cool already haha