Vista Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its like that one lah. A lot of 'unique' places in Singapore are no longer unique. Place so small, photographers so many. ;-p

Not realli lah... there's quite a few pics there that are :thumbsup:

ok now i cannot seem to upload my application for the competition. Must be too many people rushing for the dateline like me

Lol. Good luck!

Giving this a miss. Don't want to in the end the winners are the one who flouted the rules and then Microsoft juz slam a 'judges' decisions are final'. I hate those after-distaste.

great photos

For those who are interested in getting the email of the organisers, it will not be available. I managed to get some link to the organiser from this article. Hope that it is helpful...

Heard from my friend that he had received an email to inform his photograph has been shortlisted. Who else have been informed?

lucky u remind me... almost 4got about the email.

troublesome lah... got to burn into CD and snail-mail / hand deliver to them. :(

they might be thinking if non singaporean see, they might just think it's real. wahahahah

DON'T INSULT ME :angry: :angry: :angry: !!! The moon is REAL!!!. It was because I didn't shoot with a DSLR, but a SMALL COMPACT OUT DATED camera, because I didn't own one then. And it was shot at -2EV that why it looks like that. I didn't DRAW it!!!

What's wrong with PSed??? Rules & Regulations never mentioned merging 2 images is not allowed??? That's why I used the word CREATE in the description! Just leave my alone if you think my photo is LOUSY, or could you please give a humble comment? "wahahahah" is REALLY INSULTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are "rich & professional". Compact camera users are always "being criticized" in this forum. Please be HUMBLE!!!

I will take ur remarks as flaming in here... No one is saying anytg insulting, but rather a passing casual remark. So juz relax. Alrite?

Thanks...

DON'T INSULT ME :angry: :angry: :angry: !!! The moon is REAL!!!. It was because I didn't shoot with a DSLR, but a SMALL COMPACT OUT DATED camera, because I didn't own one then. And it was shot at -2EV that why it looks like that. I didn't DRAW it!!!

What's wrong with PSed??? Rules & Regulations never mentioned merging 2 images is not allowed??? That's why I used the word CREATE in the description! Just leave my alone if you think my photo is LOUSY, or could you please give a humble comment? "wahahahah" is REALLY INSULTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys are "rich & professional". Compact camera users are always "being criticized" in this forum. Please be HUMBLE!!!

Cool man, I don't think Compact Cameras are being criticized here. Welcome to CS! We are photographers, not equipment horders.

Hi,

If you are refering to me picking out your photo. I'm actually complementing that's it's nice.

Just that you can't get that kind of pics even if you use a super duper expensive DSLR or even MF or LF cameras.

Why? Because firstly the alignment of the moon will not be in that location as the angle you shoot the durian is facing south or south east and the moon's position is roughly east-west position. Secondly, for the moon to be that large you'll require at least 200-400mm "zoom" and your durian was taken with pretty wide angle.

No one mentioned that it's allowed or not allowed in the competition, neither is anyone making fun of your photo. Just something I've observed.

Peace.

aiyo...why so touchy......relax

These's nothing wrong with PS-ed photos. But I believe everyone here will agree that if a photograph can wow audience without PS touch-up, then it can be a better protray of the photographer's skill.

397488348_9187caa2d0.jpg
397688423_d97e131611.jpg

http://www.microsoft.com/singapore/vistaphoto/winners.html

mervyn chng won 3 prizes! :eek:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.