Vista Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this one

9. If the winner does not agree to the terms of the competition, the next best entry will claim the prize.

I wonder why it was included... :think:

It's for those who don't read small prints. :)

TnC:

4. Contest Theme and Categories; Participation and Eligibility.
Any digital photograph submitted for the purposes of the Contest ("Submission") must have a landscape or scenery of a location in Singapore as its main feature, and the photograph must be taken within the Contest Period. The Contest is designated for amateur photographers only. Photographs submitted by professional photographers will be ineligible and removed from the Contest.
-------------

So how do they define who are the "professional photographers" ?

And how are they going to define "professional"?

maybe as in:

1. professionals: those using Windows XP Professional Edition
2. amateurs: those using Windows XP Home Edition

;p;p;p

maybe as in:

1. professionals: those using Windows XP Professional Edition
2. amateurs: those using Windows XP Home Edition

;p;p;p

Or using a pro cam without flash that can also flash. :bigeyes:

Hi, I didn't see this in the rules can you link me to where you got the above from? Especially the part that says "photograph must be taken within the Contest Period". TIA.

You need to login. The condition, IIRC, is somewhere in the upload page. Hard to notice because the they are hyperlinked.

You need to login. The condition, IIRC, is somewhere in the upload page. Hard to notice because the they are hyperlinked.

Wah lao! it's correct. How can they hide all those T&C inside the submission page.:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Damn... I registered a Life ID juz to see it. :(

Wah lao! it's correct. How can they hide all those T&C inside the submission page.:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Damn... I registered a Life ID juz to see it. :(

i suspected something not right when one has to register a Life ID ... what's this Life ID about? :dunno:

i suspected something not right when one has to register a Life ID ... what's this Life ID about? :dunno:

What life ID...?

It's Live ID...it's MSN...:sweat:

There's nothing wrong with it, there are many who already have the ID, as those who use MSN Live.

oops typo lah... it's live ID. :embrass: :embrass: :bsmilie:

:bsmilie: it's ok, but what's it about?

As per John's reply... if you casually browse around, you will nto be able to see the whole T&C.

need to register before you are allowed to upload photos... it's where the REAL T&Cs are hyperlinked...

No wonder got clause 9.

As per John's reply... if you casually browse around, you will nto be able to see the whole T&C.

need to register before you are allowed to upload photos... it's where the REAL T&Cs are hyperlinked...

does microsoft need to make it sound so nice? http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx :what:

* When you register for certain Microsoft services, we will ask you to provide personal information.
* The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other Microsoft services and other companies.
* We use cookies and other technologies to keep track of your interactions with our sites and services to offer a personalized experience.

which means more pop ups and what not? :bsmilie:

5. Submission Criteria.
Only digital files submitted via the uploading facility on the website will be accepted. The Submission must include a high-resolution file which should be taken with a 6 megapixel camera, or better, at its maximum resolution in JPEG format of the same file which has a maximum resolution of not more than 200KB in size, high-resolution RGB, 72 dots per inch and approximately 8 x 12 inches and in landscape (horizontal) format.

Now that stinks. So if I take a photo with my 4 MP camera from an age gone by, then it's not acceptable?

Geez... :rolleyes:

The word 'ineligible' in their T&Cs probably doesn't even exist. :bsmilie:

Again this is a competition I would like to join. But they only want a 6 megapixel image or larger. *shrugs* I should buy one of those 10 megapixel interpolated cameras for this competition. Woohoo! :bsmilie:

does microsoft need to make it sound so nice? http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx :what:

* When you register for certain Microsoft services, we will ask you to provide personal information.
* The information we collect may be combined with information obtained from other Microsoft services and other companies.
* We use cookies and other technologies to keep track of your interactions with our sites and services to offer a personalized experience.

which means more pop ups and what not? :bsmilie:

Most sites use tracking cookies nowadays. Also I'm tinking it's a blanket T&C to cover all the services offered by them...inclusive live updates/WGA...etc

Status
Not open for further replies.