Vista Photo Competition

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has always been a problem with local photography competition. The judges always flouted the rules themselves. Allowing 'wrongly themed' or out of rules pics, simply they are good. Like that is unfair to those who sticks by the rule. They can waive it by saying the Judges decisions are final. Worse still, some competition CHANGE RULES half way down the series. (I don't have to name it, but most will know which competition I am talking about). Don't scared laughing stock one ar. Anyway, no longer supporting their periodic... nevermind.

Talk about changing rules..... read these forum....

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=225346&page=2

The Action for Aids organiser actually took away the merit prizes of the Animation and Video Category, based on the "too little entries, only 9 contestants submitted. Unlike the photo and graphic poster design category, they got many entries like 80 plus."

DOES A ORGANISER HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMOVE THE MERIT PRIZES BASED ON THE TOTAL NUMBER OF ENTRIES OF THE COMPETITION?!?!
When we joined any competition, we doesn't know how many or who will be entering it.
So...... alas....

Donno leh, but we maybe can complain? Cause competition that involves prizes and is opened to public, I think need to be audited one. If pull out prizes, think can sue under something like cheating the public.

Definetly!

This Organisation will be Black -listed!

Hi Guys,

I got a reply from them regarding photos taken during contest period and out of contest period.... *Below is the reply, some part of the email have been deleted* I wonder what they replied make sense or not...:(

From Email
Hi XXX,

Thank you for your interest in the PhotoVista Competition.

In the Terms and Conditions listed in the website, under Section 4, it states,

4. Contest Theme and Categories; Participation and Eligibility.
Any digital photograph submitted for the purposes of the Contest ("Submission") must have a landscape or scenery of a location in Singapore as its main feature, and the photograph must be taken within the Contest Period (This part was highlighted by them). The Contest is designated for amateur photographers only. Photographs submitted by professional photographers will be ineligible and removed from the Contest. The Organizer will at its sole discretion determine eligibility. The Contest consists of the Amateur and Youth categories. To participate in either of the categories, you must (i) be a Singaporean or a Singapore permanent resident; (ii) be a non-professional photographer; (iii) log on to the Contest website, located at http://www.vistaphotocontest.com (the "Contest Site") and follow the instructions to register as a participant and complete and submit an entry as specified. To participate in the Youth category, you must comply with the above criteria and be born on or after 1st January 1988.

The judges will, at their discretion, review and determine the winning entries according to the rules of the competition.

All winning decisions and judgments are final.

There are less than 2 weeks left of the contest, do continue to submit entries and encourage your friends to do so.

Good Luck and happy snapping!

PhotoVista Competition Organizing Committee

But this undermines the competition T&C in a way if they accept the photos. I have seen quite a few exif data of the photos and most of them are out of the contest period. so if the enforce it, it gives a level playing field as everyone has the same amt of time for the competition, but it may make the number of eligible entries very little. hope microsoft actually does not bend the rules.

Erm, if i not wrong it is not heavily psed. Its shot by my cousin who seldom heavily ps her shots. most likely she only did some simple colour adjustment(if any).

I think they are talking about the moon. It don't seem nature.

I wonder y they accept any pics... may as well post those 3-10 years back photos... Some more, they pos the T&C for fun??

I think that place is just an automated gallery. For submission. Then when the submission date closed, they then go thru it.

But the problem then is, will they stick with the Rules?
Some one go and download (At least the prospective ones) at keep the exif.
If they win, go and complain.

Maybe somebody should email the organisers to enquire about this, as well as to point out that there are many entries that violated this rule???

Its like that one lah. A lot of 'unique' places in Singapore are no longer unique. Place so small, photographers so many. ;-p

Status
Not open for further replies.