Vintage look

hmm. post processing is quite tedious for a newbie like me. haha!

some camera has art filters (not sure how many or which DSLR though)

post processing is definitely an option and gives you more flexiblity and creative control

if lazy or too tedious, then stick to a compact or even iphone :bsmilie:

My friend is using the 500D, he just download the "LOMO" effect from the Canon Utilities and to the Camera.

I've personally not try it, but I'm going to try it soon, will update you guys once I've downloaded it and transfer to my camera.

WOAH!
I did not know we can download SW effect into DSLR...
Seriously WOAH me!! ..
pardon me for the sua-ku-ness .. .:bsmilie:

thx people! will try to download it. i got photoscape but i hardly utilize it. HAHA!

No No ...
Photoscape had very detail video tutorials.
And for vintage look IF you dont wanna care about exposure, saturation, contrast
you just need to open the photo, click filter, select the effect you wan ..

tata - save as

DONE!
Try it you will be addicted and will expect more.

But still is a firmware in the dslr right?..:dunno:

ermm nothing to do with firmware.

this picture style is the usual picture style u using like landscape, monochrome, protrait etc. Just that canon DSLR got 3 more custom picture styles for you to use. So u can download customised picture style and use it on top of the defaults that came with the camera.

Canon had released a few picture styles like twilight, studio etc (see my link above). But there is also other customed made picture styles by other photographers/designers which u can also download and import to your camera.

Last edited:
this photo (no PP done) is using a customised picture style by Kevin Wang (he is quite famous doing these picture styles, u can google for it) that i downloaded and use it on my cam:

4672423376_699f8e17e5.jpg

yea. i just download thepicture style. cant wait to use it.

pic can be transfer to com for your editing. no necessary macbook. just like transferring pic from external hardisk..

iphone has got lotsa of app for picture taking or editing on pic in library. nice effects be it vintage/ 60's etc. however some app comes at a min cost =)