Viltrox EF to NEX smart adaptor (cheaper china metabones)

Yes USD. I prefer to buy direct, than eBay :)

I was eyeing the red Nikon to E adapter, just because it's RED (the other adapters are mostly black) haha
Haven't seen red Canon to E adapter so far ...

yea metabones does a very nice red leica M to NEX adaptor as well.

aprd.jpg

yea metabones does a very nice red leica M to NEX adaptor as well.

If price was not an issue, would u go for the meta bones or stick with techart? Just wondering...

If price was not an issue, would u go for the meta bones or stick with techart? Just wondering...

well if they are the same price of course metabones hehe. at USD 229 vs USD 399, techart was the logical choice. In any case, Metabones are also made in China/HK. i do find the quality of the techart adaptor very very good (apart from that tripod mount)

well if they are the same price of course metabones hehe. at USD 229 vs USD 399, techart was the logical choice. In any case, Metabones are also made in China/HK. i do find the quality of the techart adaptor very very good (apart from that tripod mount)

Hmmm, functionality the same? You mentioned the metabones version cld suffer from a bit of internal flaring (due to the shiny interior) as opposed to the techart which is 'all black'?

Hmmm, functionality the same? You mentioned the metabones version cld suffer from a bit of internal flaring (due to the shiny interior) as opposed to the techart which is 'all black'?

Functionality same. Think most 3rd pty re engineered from metabones. If u see the list of lenses tested. Both are the same. Internal flaring comments came from dpreview n fm forums. I duno how widespread the issue is and which lenses may cause flares. Flocking materials within the adaptor was proactive on the part of deotech.

Functionality same. Think most 3rd pty re engineered from metabones. If u see the list of lenses tested. Both are the same. Internal flaring comments came from dpreview n fm forums. I duno how widespread the issue is and which lenses may cause flares. Flocking materials within the adaptor was proactive on the part of deotech.

I see. Metabones would have been a clear choice for me if not for the potential internal flaring issue. But it's so painful to wait for so long for the adapter. I have no FE lens so my A7 is now sitting in the dry cabinet instead of going gai gai with me for the weekend :(

heh just marketing crap. 20% faster than their own previous model that no one used before

still waiting for them to have a "firmware udpate" so i can try the bluetooth adaptor to see if it really works

Falcon has the world 1st built-in the Bluetooth 4.0, for firmware update and also support a remarkable new function – the wireless focus control. It allows you control the focus by using our new wireless focus controller (more detail will be launched soon).

NEW!! Faster AF in Sony a7/a7R camera (20% faster in APS-C mode)
Build-in Bluetooth 4.0, support wireless firmware and wireless focus control.

Last edited:
Finally got hold of my Techart adaptor. Seems to be working ok. AF takes about 2-3 seconds. For MF, does not seem to have focus confirmation beep when focus is achieved and it doesn't magnify when I focus. Is this normal?

heh just marketing crap. 20% faster than their own previous model that no one used before still waiting for them to have a "firmware udpate" so i can try the bluetooth adaptor to see if it really works Falcon has the world 1st built-in the Bluetooth 4.0, for firmware update and also support a remarkable new function – the wireless focus control. It allows you control the focus by using our new wireless focus controller (more detail will be launched soon). NEW!! Faster AF in Sony a7/a7R camera (20% faster in APS-C mode) Build-in Bluetooth 4.0, support wireless firmware and wireless focus control.

My adaptor came with a separate odd looking USB stick thingy. Is that for future firmware updates?

My adaptor came with a separate odd looking USB stick thingy. Is that for future firmware updates?

yes. that is for future firmware update. that is basically a bluetooth 4.0 usb adaptor that is suppose to communicate with the adaptor.

Finally got hold of my Techart adaptor. Seems to be working ok. AF takes about 2-3 seconds. For MF, does not seem to have focus confirmation beep when focus is achieved and it doesn't magnify when I focus. Is this normal?

in MF mode you wont get focus confirmation beep. don't think this behavior happens for af sony lenses when u use it in MF mode either.

in MF mode you wont get focus confirmation beep. don't think this behavior happens for af sony lenses when u use it in MF mode either.

Thanks Ricleo. Anyway to tweak the settings so that the view magnifies when in MF mode? I think I've turned that option on but it does not work. Dunno if my settings are wrong or it's just not possible.

Thanks Ricleo. Anyway to tweak the settings so that the view magnifies when in MF mode? I think I've turned that option on but it does not work. Dunno if my settings are wrong or it's just not possible.

Figured it out. Press custom button C1 to magnify.

Ric... Any updates to the effect of the new firmware for the Techart?

unfortunately the firmware program on the computer side doesnt seem to work with my windows 7 professional 64 bit edition. have to find a lower spec windows computer to do the upgrade hehe so havent been able to do so. anyone else?

unfortunately the firmware program on the computer side doesnt seem to work with my windows 7 professional 64 bit edition. have to find a lower spec windows computer to do the upgrade hehe so havent been able to do so. anyone else?

manage to update on win 7 64bit,
no need to run the software included, just updated the drivers for the usb stick and ran the program.

haven tested if the AF is really faster

manage to update on win 7 64bit,
no need to run the software included, just updated the drivers for the usb stick and ran the program.

haven tested if the AF is really faster

I couldn't run the program at all though....how to update with the usb stick when the attached software can't be run?

anyway not really using the adaptor anymore keke.... pls share with us the results of your testing.