Viltrox EF to NEX smart adaptor (cheaper china metabones)

Anyone tried Dandelion or Optix chips on their EF-E AF adapters yet?

Last edited:
For those are are thinking of getting this:
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/201008830573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

DO NOT GET IT!

I wrote to the seller to confirm it works on the A7r without the black corners and he say YES.

However, when it arrived today, not only did it have the black corners, after a few shots, the adapter totally fried my lens!!!
It can't AF now, it won't even be detected by the camera. At first i thought the adapter was faulty so i put it on a Canon body and it still can't be detected...no electronics to it whatsoever..it's FRIED!!!

So not only did i pay for an adapter that doesn't work, i paid for one that killed my lens which i now need to send for repairs.

For those are are thinking of getting this:
http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/201008830573?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

DO NOT GET IT!

I wrote to the seller to confirm it works on the A7r without the black corners and he say YES.

However, when it arrived today, not only did it have the black corners, after a few shots, the adapter totally fried my lens!!!
It can't AF now, it won't even be detected by the camera. At first i thought the adapter was faulty so i put it on a Canon body and it still can't be detected...no electronics to it whatsoever..it's FRIED!!!

So not only did i pay for an adapter that doesn't work, i paid for one that killed my lens which i now need to send for repairs.

oh my that's bad... what lens were you using?

Can the tripod mount be removed? The eBay ad doesn't say. Thanks!

nope but i advise go for the Techart/Deotech falcon.

yes it is removable for sure. i am using mine without it.

the tripod mount was not very well finished. sharp corners.

Can the tripod mount be removed? The eBay ad doesn't say. Thanks!

yes it is removable for sure. i am using mine without it. the tripod mount was not very well finished. sharp corners.
Thanks for sharing. I have ordered the techart adaptor. But processing/manufacturing/delivery will take about 30 working days! Faint zzz.

Thanks for sharing. I have ordered the techart adaptor. But processing/manufacturing/delivery will take about 30 working days! Faint zzz.

Cheap, fast, good. Pick any two. :)

Not cheap leh. $400! Seller was quite nice though, offered full refund if I can't wait. Explained it takes 20 biz days to process order n make the product. Dun have ready stock on hand it seems.

Not cheap leh. $400! Seller was quite nice though, offered full refund if I can't wait. Explained it takes 20 biz days to process order n make the product. Dun have ready stock on hand it seems.

more n more ex ah? i bought at abt $300 sing. mine also took abt a month to fulfil, and the seller kept asking me if want refund instead. i guess i was one of the lucky ones who bought earlier at a lower price

If so ex, why not just get the Metabones for a bit more and peace of mind?

I waited 3 weeks for the Techart until last week cannot wait already. No choice, bought the Metabones version.

Is metabones much better? I bot techart largely bcos of the positive feedback from ricleo :). Think there is one metabones on sale now in bns. $400 included postage of abt $15.

Is metabones much better? I bot techart largely bcos of the positive feedback from ricleo :). Think there is one metabones on sale now in bns. $400 included postage of abt $15.

Metabones can buy direct for $399, with postage around $25 (they have 3 options)

That's in USD right?

yup 399 usd for the metabones.

thats y i thought $229 usd which i paid for the techart was good value. plus it comes with bluetooth 4.0 for supposed future firmware updates. haven't had a firmware update to test with though haha

Better or not, I dont know. They started this particular adapter. The rest probably reversed engineered.

If the BnS is the version 3 meant for A7 and in S$, mai tu liao!

Last edited: