uv filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

irritainment

Sep 16, 2008
bedok
www.facebook.com
hi,i bought my d60 n they give me a free uv filter...
i was wondering,what's the purpose of the filter??
i took 2 pictures(with filter n w/o) n it looks the same,no difference..
does it have any effect on the images??

help....many many thx!!;)

Google is your friend. Just try to search "UV filter" and you'll have tons of results, both from here on CS and thousands of sites abroad. Please remember that the ClubSnap terms of use state:

2. New Posters (newbies) - Use the Search Engine to find out if whatever information you are seeking has been posted before posting a question.

1. Cuts UV light. May be useful at higher altitudes.
2. Protects the front element of your lens.
3. May degrade your image quality when viewed at a large enough level.

alright..thx guys...

n so does this means its recommended for me attach the filter at all times??

There are 2 schools of thought.

1 says keep it there to protect your lens.
The other says remove it permanently for maximum image quality.

Go figure.

alright..thx guys...

yessssssssssssssss,

but when you have a direct light source, or shoot at night, best to remove it to avoid "ghosting" (google your best friend) or "flare" (google your best friend, add photography).

No, do you wear a condom all times? There is no such thing that "can be used all the time without thinking". Every tools has a purpose given certain conditions, never just blindly use cause someone somewhere has mumbled something about "yeah, good to have"... See night86mare's posting and read up, then make your own conscious decision.
Also keep in mind that hardly any UV passes the lens. The lens coating blocks already and there is a filter in front of the sensor. Your sensor won't get a sunburn without filter.

No, do you wear a condom all times? ....

i wouldn't be too quick with an assumption. with fads and fashions pouring out of the great land of the rising sun nowadays, you may yet see a self-cleaning durable permanent condom..... ahem... cough.. cough... ;):angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.